Howzit oaks

Reaction score
So hear this .. i'm in search of the matrix :wave2: ok seriously i'm alll new t this game of marine ..read up some posts here ..and i'm hoping u guys can give me sum sound advice on creating a cool marine setup:thumbup:
So yes i've got a few buddies thats been in the game for some time now ..
i'm running 1.5m x 800 x 600 tank aquamedic schemer 8.500l/h uplift ,2x350w heaters still deciding on wave maker or powerheads ?? with a 1.2m sump ..that's been running for 3months now patients is a virgin or to bloody scared to make that frist move lol :whistling:
i've been topping up with R/o water and reading the web like crazy ...:p
any guys in cape town wanna connect give me a shout ..
I'm still on the look out on lotsa live rock before i think of introducing any livestock
So liverock is my number 1 requirement at this time yes .. any sales or freebies :yeahdude: i will gladly consider.:slayer:

hello faheem and wellcome to masa....

well done on choosing the blue pill :)

so the tanks been going for three months, do you have any LR in there and want tio add to the amount you have or dont you have any yet? If youve read the forums a while you'll ealise the importance off good live rock and you'll probably need around 60-80kg over all. Personally id add it all at once so the tank only cycles once, but sometimes that cost prohibitive. Just dont add fish untill youve checked all your parameters and had them stable for a while ok:)

anyone selling off some good liverock please contact me on 0824430664 pref. Fiji or mixed rocks . . . urgently .. willing to collect around western cape area .. thanx guys and dolls :thumbup:

Welcome to MASA!

Be warned, this is a very addictive hobby :)

Regarding LR, visit Trev at Oceansons Aquariums near Tableview. They are one of the sponsors. They still have beautiful pieces of Indo LR availble at a good price....drop him a pm.
I was just like you struggling to find good LR and got all my Indo LR from them.

Good luck!

lol he isnt around guys.. Atleast he makes masa's stats look better haha

Haha true, guys didnt read up

Help !!!!!! To put it bluntly ... Major fúp .. .
One question .... How can a revive my liverock ?? Can this be done ??
Is it true that a couple of good live rock can send life back into my "dead rock"???
Way to many kilo's to just throw a side ..

Im desperate guys and dolls
faheem

Help !!!!!! To put it bluntly ... Major fúp .. .
One question .... How can a revive my liverock ?? Can this be done ??
Is it true that a couple of good live rock can send life back into my "dead rock"???
Way to many kilo's to just throw a side ..

Im desperate guys and dolls
faheem

Yes you can seed bacteria with mature rock.
Firstly be sure that all dirt and die off of the dead rock has been Cleaned thoroughly, by Letting a strong pump circulate it in a bucket until no dirt lays below will do the trick. Doubt you would want any phosphate leached into display. Once done a bucket which I find easier and safer to perform a cycle. Put in a dark area with a flow pump and a heater and changing water twice a week will be your solution with constant testing of NH3,NO3 and PO4 each week till all lays Zero then you can pop into display once cycle has complete. And a good bacteria dose for extra Micro Fauna wont be bad idea ;)

Goodluck

Last edited:
Thanx so much guys :) will hop on it asap .. I'd hate to want to see +60kg's of liverock go to waste :)
Cheers guys will let u know what's cooking ..
F

Back
Top Bottom