How to stop a nennie from walking over corals

Reaction score
Hi all, i just got a nennie and he was fine yesterday in his spot but he is starting to move in the tank. How do i stop him from moving over my corals?

Hey there bud ... YOU dont stop a nemmie from walking .... IT stops where IT likes .... and usually you will have to move anything where it is going to settle down to another spot.... If it walking it means not happy about the light or flow or something is bothering it .... let it find its "comfort zone" and and then see what you can do about whats around it....

I had that same problem, mine drifted for a day or two and got it's "happy place" behind everything where I couldn't see it - stupid me, I went and moved it because I wanted to see it, not have a nennie hidden...and it just moved off...I had a pump in my tank instead of a proper powerhead for flow and I got up in the morning to find a white out in my tank - the poor guy had like 1 little piece sticking out if the suction sieve but it was taken very tradgically from me...

It was also my stupid fault for getting him but I had no idea that one NEEDS an established tank to even consider a nennie, after it's very unfortunate death I found MASA and was educated properly. Who knows, after 2 weeks of having it, it seemed to be getting happier and more healthy so maybe it would be alive today, I don't know...very sad.

Bottom line, it will stop moving when it has found where it wants to be and there really is little you can do about it. Unless your tank conditions are perfect for a nennie, I could assume not, he will be uncomfortable for a while.

Think of it this way, you get all your clothes taken from you except given one very tight underwear and one pair of pants that keep kreeping your crack - are you going to be able to sit still or are you going to keep moving about until you are comfortable?? Same principle...

Thx, My tank has been running from september last year...Hopefully he will stay where he is now, cause that is safe for the corals and in the front of the DT

What is your actuall water parameters? Including salinity.
What lights are you running?
Are the powerheads covered?

What is your actuall water parameters? Including salinity.
What lights are you running?
Are the powerheads covered?

In addition to the above questions....please include temperature, tank size, tank mates (fish, coral, inverts, etc.). What species is this anemone? Is the anemone hosting any clownfish if so, how big are the clownfish? How big is the anemone? Also please post a picture so that we can be sure you have a healthy anemone.

In addition to the above questions....please include temperature, tank size, tank mates (fish, coral, inverts, etc.). What species is this anemone? Is the anemone hosting any clownfish if so, how big are the clownfish? How big is the anemone? Also please post a picture so that we can be sure you have a healthy anemone.

tagging along

Here's the nennie and one of the clowns in the tank
picture.php

Hello Dikdaan That looks like a Heteractis magnifica. It likes to sit high up on LR even on top of the LR. Strong light and strong flow.

You have got 2 T5 and 2 T5 Atinics I don't think that is enough light for the boy. But maybe it is just looking for a spot give it a chance maybe it will settle. If you have a stable system and it eats and becomes sticky you are doing something right.

Ok so its still under the same LR and its eating well...But still would like to know what lights to use...

1. Metal halide wont fit on the tank
2. Dont have money for it...

i do have more t5's that i can put up

how much do metal halides cost?

Back
Top Bottom