How to get rid of small partials floating around in system

Reaction score
Hey guys maybe someone can help me I've constantly got small particals like "dust"floating around in my system and can't seem to get rid of it!!

Try putting some filter wool by the overflow after a day your water should be partial
Free

stupid question maybe, but what size return pump do you have? You want those particles to go to the skimmer.

Riaan I've got 2 pumps one 3600 and one 6500 plus a total of 66000 l/ph wavemakers

Enough flow to keep things up is suspense

Are you running ozone?

Will it help riaan?ive switched all my wavemakers of tonight to see if the particals doesn't wanna settle!

ozone will break down the DOC easily. That yellow in the water. not sure about pieces of substrate flying around. Depending on what is actually around it could help.

How many litres are your display with that 66000 l/ph wavemakers?

The wavemakers is 2 seio 10000L,1 seio 4000L, 2 resun 12000L,1 sun sun 6000lt,1 boyu 4000L,my total water volume is 3200 lt!

how old is the system?

new system substrate settle eventually. The substrate "binds" somehow to each other leading to less salt storms. But only after some time.

But sugerfine arrogonite and a lot of water flow do not go well together.

It's the one that I've been bothering you a lot with if correct its bout 3 months now but all substrate and live rock is out off old system!will certaint placements of wavemakers help in certain spots?

depending on placement of the powerheads yeah, how chaotic the water movement is inside the tank. Maybe leave half the powerheads off for a day or two to let the pieces settle. Would be like a calm day at sea.

Ok I'll do so and c what's happening,I've got the one 4000 only running tonight wil start only 2 tomorrow morning! Thanx riaan.

Back
Top Bottom