How to determine what wave makers and how many to use

Reaction score
The tank which I have purchased is 1800x600x600
I would like advice on what is a cost effective wave maker to use aswell as how to determine how many to use for this size tank

I intend to grow a reef and fish tank

@Aquaria-SA they are a good start.
Ancaster they have just announced the sole import rights for jebo,they have a good launch special aswell as competitive pricing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the prompt response I will look into it

Appreciate the direction to look in

Guy to speak to is lawrence.
He will sort you out.
Mention I sent you.
Where you based

:biggrin:
Will give him a call in the morning
I'm based in fordsburg

Which wave maker depends on your personal preferences. Its like cars. Depends on what you want to spend on them. Mercedes / BMW , go for Vortech pumps. They are expensive, very controllable and does an excellent job. However if you want cheap easy to use options, nothing beats a Sun Sun powerhead in terms for bang for buck. They are dirt cheap, but those suction cups don't last. And never open them up, you will break that ceramic shaft.

Then there are a lot of pumps in between. Tunze, top quality, I rate them just under the Vortech, just due to the external motor on the Vortech. Other than that they are top quality. Seio, simple and relatively cheap. Sicce Voyagers, with a controller that switches between them. Here I prefer the Voyager above Seio, just personal. There are plenty more pumps out there.

The newer sunsun have stainless steel shafts and magnet mounts are available for it

The newer sunsun have stainless steel shafts and magnet mounts are available for it
For me, this will be the best bang for your buck.

I got 2 very old SunSun with ceramic shafts running in my quarantine tank. The suckers do not work at all anymore, but I did secured the power cord to keep them in place. Never opened them up either, using a toothbrush to clean them.

Only problem with sunsuns is they either last or they don't. And they have caused quite a few tanks to crash from popping and having copper leak. But yes they are cheap and they do work but if u have a little extra to spend then buy something else.

The one I'm using has steel shaft ...and magnet mount ..I think shops sell the mount for 150 I'm not sure ..but yes its made for the sunsun .. i remember breaking two ceramics a long time ago .. The flow they push out is also quite impressive for a cheapie.. ...

Back
Top Bottom