How I Make A Jellyfish

Reaction score
Hi all

Just thought I would share some pics of my small jelly lab. Currently culturing moon jellies, compass jellies and upside down jellies.

Showing some of my super high tech Kreisels aswell :p They cost millions of rands to build as you can obviously see :tt2::tt2::tt2:.

Please enjoy, but don't forget to laugh ;).

DSCF3042.jpg

DSCF3043.jpg

DSCF3044.jpg

DSCF3045.jpg

DSCF3046.jpg

DSCF3047.jpg

DSCF3048.jpg

DSCF3049.jpg

DSCF3051.jpg

@jimilutz Jellyfish are all about aggressive evolution, what a pleasure to manipulate :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
cool, for exhibits?

@dallasg yeap, for exhibits and export of medusa's/polyp cultures to other aquariums. Our local coldwater jellies are actually something really special to learn about.

nice! aquarium lucky to have you!

next time in CT will visit

I can across this post and your other one on box jellies and actually registered on here just to say that's cool!

We are currently breeding the following species over in Hong Kong:

Aurelia aurita
Sandaria malayensis
Cotylorhiza tuberculata
Cassiopea andromeda
Mastigias papua
Eirene menoni
Chrysaora pacifica
Chrysaora hysoscella
Chrysaora fuscescens
Cyanea capillata
Cyanea lamarckii

If ever you want to trade any polyps of jellies or information just let me know, its always nice to meet another jellyfish enthusiast!

Do box jellies produce polyps? If so, have you ever tried to breed them in captivity? You have some really cool species of the coast of SA such as Chrysaora fulgida, Chrysaora africana and Rhizostoma pulmo. Have you had any experience with any of these?

@jimmyb Thanks bud, jellyfish fever has got me indeed. Polyp exchanges would be awesome, I will PM you. I have experience with the pulmo and africana. They're quite plentiful here.
@butcherman It's long weekend but I will take some on monday.

Back
Top Bottom