Hi guys

Reaction score
Just thought I would post a picture of my future first marine tank before I get started.Still have to clean the tank properly but hopefully will be able to add water in the next month or two.Looking forward to starting the exciting journey into the marine world!:)

656150159f65a6bbf.jpg

Hello and welcome

hey dude welcome,

just a few things:

does this system have a sump?
how are you intending to filter the water?
what protein skimmer do you have in mind?

Welcome rincewind98
@Mods Is there a sticky Template somewhere that a new member can use to post specs when strating a thread in the new members section

Last edited by a moderator:
Will be running an external protein skimmer-must still decide on make.Wont have a sump so thats why I will be going with an external skimmer.

Welcome!! you are starting off on one of the most addictive, rewarding and frustrating hobbies- its great!!;)

I really recommend that drill your tank and get a sump.
I started with a tank without a sump, just like yours. I didnt have the patience n cash to drill the tank and set up a sump. I can promise you that wont be long before you regret starting off that way and will end up needing to buy an external overflow unit so that you can have a sump for better filtration.... system ends up being a lot more complicated and expensive.
I know the feeling of just wanting to get going but please consider what other guys and I are saying..

Back
Top Bottom