hi all

How about a mantis shrimp? Amazing little critters and thats a perfect size for some of the smaller ones! Click the link in my signature if you want to see pictures of a mantis shrimp

How about a mantis shrimp? Amazing little critters and thats a perfect size for some of the smaller ones! Click the link in my signature if you want to see pictures of a mantis shrimp
That's a brilliant idea, when the boyfriends come around Dad can get them to hold the shrimp. :razz:

Welcome to MASA Pico girl, congratulations on your win :1:

How about a pair of cleaner shrimps and a small goby of some sorts?

welcometomasa Courtney! Very nice to have a Father-Daughter team on MASA:thumbup:
Just a small heads up to everyone, this little lady is a couple of years under 18 years old. :)
lol i find it funny you have to post this, got to worry about Marcel these days:lol:
The mantis would raise the nutrient levels quite quickly and would become a problem with a small tank.
would i be able to put sea horses in the tank with other fish?

And don't the seahorses need very frequent feedings? (also pricey!)
yes sea horses need very frequent feedings, with a syringe - i know lighty had trouble with his..

I would suggest maybe some small corals, maybe some mushrooms, a hammer coral or frogspawn frag, some thing beautiful that doesnt take up much space. Can we have some pics of the system? Will it be running connected to the main tank?

welcometomasa Courtney! Very nice to have a Father-Daughter team on MASA:thumbup:

lol i find it funny you have to post this, got to worry about Marcel these days:lol:

The mantis would raise the nutrient levels quite quickly and would become a problem with a small tank.

yes sea horses need very frequent feedings, with a syringe - i know lighty had trouble with his..

I would suggest maybe some small corals, maybe some mushrooms, a hammer coral or frogspawn frag, some thing beautiful that doesnt take up much space. Can we have some pics of the system? Will it be running connected to the main tank?

No it is going to be running on its own.. My dad is keeping me some mushrooms,frogspawn and button polyps..and some live rock:lol::);) thanx dad

Have you kept a mantis before? what makes you say this? I have no nutrient problems with my mantis tank. Its almost as low maintenance as my freshwater tanks! And its in a little 20L tank. They are very forgiving creatures. He lived in a white bucket with a small powerhead and a single rock for a long time before I had him. Theres a bit of macroalgae in the tank which helps. I think mantis shrimp are perfect for a little pico like this. Its a bit on the small side for a fish community, and the mantis has so much personality and interaction value...

thank you very much..now i have to get my dad to buy some from Lanzo..:thumbup:
raid dads tank :)

i was thinking along the lines of some selected pretty soft corals like speciality zoas and ricordias with some small goby like a Ctenogobiops Tangaroai (google him) and maybe (small chance) of getting a symbiotic shrimp with it.

you could also look at getting something like a pom pom crab (although very secretive and you hardly see them) or some thor ambiosensis 'sexy shrimps' you could prob have three in there as they are so small.

raid dads tank :)

i was thinking along the lines of some selected pretty soft corals like speciality zoas and ricordias with some small goby like a Ctenogobiops Tangaroai (google him) and maybe (small chance) of getting a symbiotic shrimp with it.

you could also look at getting something like a pom pom crab (although very secretive and you hardly see them) or some thor ambiosensis 'sexy shrimps' you could prob have three in there as they are so small.

lol i wish... :p thanks for the suggestion it sounds good:)

Back
Top Bottom