Hi all

4ft semi reef tank with a lot off hair alge

Thanks

I can't take a photo of it as it will only appear as a green lawn in my house.

Can any body help?

Welcome, if you have a marine tank we would like to know youre specs and some pics!

HI middle of now where me to try to get something in town?

I have a 4ft tank with sump and around 25kg liverock with a few soft corals and one brain coral anemones and a few fish. and a lot of hair algae:(

Help with the pic or with the "green"
Posted via Mobile Device

the green please

I have change my lights my sump my total filtration setup UV skimmer Everthing but it all makes the growth just better

wELCOME TO masa!!

Hey we have something in common I'm from Hoedspruit also no place to get stuff... Please try and post a pic then maybe we can see a problem... In my old tank I had algae blooms and I asked masa and showed a pic and my problem was that my substrate was to big... Changed it and now it's great also you have a four foot tank... A little extreme but a tang is always the best lawnmower you can buy:thumbup:. My tank went through a mini cycle when I added a few fish and then a hair algae bloom... ets just say my tang ate the rock clean in a day and I've never seen him so full:razz:.

Good luck

Hey we have something in common I'm from Hoedspruit also no place to get stuff... Please try and post a pic then maybe we can see a problem... In my old tank I had algae blooms and I asked masa and showed a pic and my problem was that my substrate was to big... Changed it and now it's great also you have a four foot tank... A little extreme but a tang is always the best lawnmower you can buy:thumbup:. My tank went through a mini cycle when I added a few fish and then a hair algae bloom... ets just say my tang ate the rock clean in a day and I've never seen him so full:razz:.

Good luck

My tang and foxface have decided thy are carnivors.

Where do you buy your aquarium stuff?

Will load pics now

My tang and foxface have decided thy are carnivors.

Where do you buy your aquarium stuff?

Will load pics now

Ok weird that the tangs are meatloves:whistling:.

Mostly I buy my stuff once in a blue moon when we go to pretoria. Nelspruit has a Marine pet shop but it doesn't stock much... What I did manage to get is someone who goes to pta and back every week or so. He is going to bring me stuff from now on:thumbup:. Maybe you should just keep an eye out on people who go weekly. Ask someone who cuts glass or something the have to go weekly to pta for glass or ask a big hardware shop...

Can't wait for the pics

Sorry to chip in but are you using tap water for your salt mix?
Posted via Mobile Device

JIP I AM ON A FARM OUTSIDE LYDENBURG USE BORE HOLE WATER NO OTHER WATER AVAILBLE NEAR AND ONLY TAP WATER IN TOWN

JIP I AM ON A FARM OUTSIDE LYDENBURG USE BORE HOLE WATER NO OTHER WATER AVAILBLE NEAR AND ONLY TAP WATER IN TOWN

That may be youre problem maybe you should test the water if it's nitrate and phophate rich then problem solved!

Still waiting for the pics

Ok biggest culprit and all your problems will be solved by investing in a R/O unit that will "purify" your water - even our municipal tap water is full of nasties! Check out the sites sponsers
Posted via Mobile Device

Ok weird that the tangs are meatloves:whistling:.

Mostly I buy my stuff once in a blue moon when we go to pretoria. Nelspruit has a Marine pet shop but it doesn't stock much... What I did manage to get is someone who goes to pta and back every week or so. He is going to bring me stuff from now on:thumbup:. Maybe you should just keep an eye out on people who go weekly. Ask someone who cuts glass or something the have to go weekly to pta for glass or ask a big hardware shop...

Can't wait for the pics

I go to nelspruit once a month but all the stuff i need i order before hand from Theo before hand.

Glass i cut my self so i buy a piece in town and cut it. one of my friends in town have marine tank also so if we need something we borrow until we can get it.

22204a8c3631a5505.jpg

22204a8c356611596.jpg
22204a8c35663924f.jpg

Awesome tank with a lot of potential! Maybe a few specs can help...
What lights do you use and how much watt?
Whats the tank turnover?
What skimmer are you running?
Info on the sump?
How much do you feed your fish?
How much water changes do you do monthly?
Whats the ph,NO2,NO3,PO4 and so on?

Back
Top Bottom