Hey Guys/Gals

I got the stability ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356015379.822700.jpg but they dont have the prime , i am only at home tomorrow so i will remove them then ill also go to another pet shop to try and get the prime

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356015379.822700.jpg

Good start. For the time being the flow should be Ok.

I almost bought an wave maker i was short just an few cents one with electronic control and everything.but i will get it with my bonus lol

I tried to buy biocubes now but the LFS did not want to sell it to me apparently the company that makes it was forced to close because the product cause more harm than good ?? Is the oak insane or is there some truth in what he said

Sounds like the same lfs that told me on The weekend that i must not go LED lighting route because it burns corals and everybody overseas has taken it off their tanks and gone back to t5 lighting.
Also the same lfs that sells you three sea cucumbers and incompatible fish... Gotta ask yoourself... What is their advice based on?
Did they actually have stock of the biocubes....?
This thread can quickly go down south if we were to mention the lfs name and get into the whole biocube blah blah blah.
You are going to need something to keep nutrients in check, suggest you get onto it asap.
Also before you buy the wavemaker, i recommend you enquire over here about it...
Have you bought any test kits? I see you have the seachem ammonia alert, a good start, watch it like a hawk. First kit to invest in would be a nitrite kit.

I have got an all in one kit that tests from ph to nitrates but a little birdie told me i can throw it away and buy new ones separate kits for everything I want to test? The company that makes it is marine lab or something like that , i really appreciate your help and patience

Marine lab... Red sea is the company if i remember correctly.. With old age and all the herb the memory tends to be rather hazy... They used to make those kits years ago, most likely expired = useless. Get a salifert nitrite or a seachem nitrite and nitrate in one. Also get an alkalinity kit, seachem sells an alkalinity and ph in one, alternatively look at a salifert alkalinity kit.
No need to worry about any other kits at the moment, but would recommend you spend on a refractometer. Again, your lfs will likely try and sell you cheap chinese junk. There is a company in belville which stock decent ones, not a sponsor here so contact me via pm for their details.
Dont take anything but milwaukee or gieseman / deltec and make sure it says ATC for auto temperature compensation. If making your own water, you have to measure the salt content.@

Ok here is an few pics of my setup for now

IMG_0424_zpsf46ad1a0.jpg

IMG_0426_zpsdee78fc4.jpg

IMG_0429_zps9fc8a42b.jpg

I added an SUN SUN flow maker behind the big rock , the protein skimmer is really frustrating me not that its bad i can probably just not get the sweet spot i don't really understand where the foam should stop either. another thing what salinity are you guys running your tanks at and at what temp?

I just had my first casualty my one Royal gramma Died fell into the overflow and I think it was just to stressful for the little guy and it died an few minutes later in the tank.

Salinity 35 ppt. Skimmer should be set a bit lower. Just after your hands were in tank, set skimmer so that the top level is where the bottom of the foam head currently is. Temp anywhere from 23 to 27 is fine.

Those are rotal dottybacks, not grammas. Iirc also called false grammas.

I just had my first casualty my one Royal gramma Died fell into the overflow and I think it was just to stressful for the little guy and it died an few minutes later in the tank.

Hey man, sad to hear!

I tried to see, but does your overflow have something like a grit of plastic teeth, or perhaps a grid to stop tank mates from falling in?

If not, you might want to put something on. Nemos are also impressive escape artist, and soon you'd find one in that filter sock...

@ChrisRaubs Funny you should say that i just checked and ALL my nemos were in the filter sock , i really need to get something that keeps them from falling in just struggling to find out what but i think i am going to give the grit of plastic teeth an go. then another thing is it possible for me to have to much of an stream cause all my fish are in an bunch in the one corner and it looks like they are battling the flow?

Last edited by a moderator:
:y13: ai, they do dumb stuff like that.

You don't need to go fancy here. It just needs to serve the purpose. If you got some eggcrate, that white grids plastic we put under the LR, you can use that.... Else if would even go as far as takin ai ice cream bucket and cut little teeth into it.... Just don't know how to set it,,, silicone would take at least two hours to set before you can even attempt to switch on your return... And taking into account that your sittin with a cycling tank, you prob don't wanna let nutrients build up in the display, by cutting of the sump and skimmer... @irie ivan what would you suggest doin here?

As far as the flow is concerned, these that saying, you can never have too much flow.... But I'd say if your stirring up a dust cloud then maybe try pointing the pump a little upwards....

Last edited by a moderator:
Good ideas chris raubs. Egg crate should be fine as no need to use glue. I am never comfortable using silicon until it is completely cured. Most inert plastic will do. A thin layer with a two hour setting period should have minimal impact though, just ise the marine one.

Just had another casualty . . . .fish out of water found the little bugger all bokom like on the floor!
is this normal for marine fish to jump out of water or for these fake Grammas maybe?

Just had another casualty . . . .fish out of water found the little bugger all bokom like on the floor!
is this normal for marine fish to jump out of water or for these fake Grammas maybe?
...:(..sorry for you'r loss...:(

Its not normal, But when stressed they will do abnormal things.

Unfortunately the will jump because of the paremeters. Im having that problem now. Had to fish out my nemo from one of my filter compartments just now. Keep on going with the Stability and if you have managed to get Prime very small dosages every day so it doent become poiseness. Also if u have special blend try osing that aswell acording to what the label says you have to. And try if posibble a small waterchange every single day. Maybe like 10%. Good luck bud, and keep an good eye on your fish.

Back
Top Bottom