help with reef octopus skimmer please

Reaction score
Hi all,please help...I have a reef octopus 160xs skimmer and would like to hear from other people who are using this skimmer. I need to know what depth should the water be where the skimmer stands.also the gate used to adjust water in skimmer,where should the water coming out of the gate go to? To the next chamber or back into same skimmer...my sump is a simple 2 compartment sump, first compartment filter sock and skimmer, second compartment live rock and return pump.

Thank you guys
Sharp

hope this helps:

IMG_20121216_004924a.jpg

I have this skimmer too.

My water level comes to about 2/3rds of the way up to the valve outlet. On there I just added a 90 degree elbow to point underwater to get rid of the splashing sounds.

technically your skimmer can sit in 5cm water only as this will keep the pump submerged. Remember that you can control the water level inside the skimmer with the valve. My level is set to where it says "water level max"

IMG_0581.JPG

dont have it fully submerged,maybe like 12cm-15cm submerged in the sump where the water level remains at a constant level

Thanks for the reply guys. sorted

@Snoek, nadeem no longer has this tank & skimmer... (Sold it earlier this year!)
As far as i remember, the skimmer worked really well!
If i can perhaps just make a suggestion... Why dont you have a look at the bubble magus curve range skimmers.
The are available from jungle aquatics and are priced quite well!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom