help with bubble Anemones

Reaction score
hello just set up my tank a few days ago,still buying live rock ,bought 5 kilos of live rock today and found when i got home a small bubble Anemones stuck to one piece of rock any advise on what to do and howto take care of the little creature :)

I am still learning alot my self. But if I was you I would ask a friend to krep the anenome for a couple of months to a year till your tank matures enough to take care of that nennie properly. Or you can return it to the lfs but since its a freebee ask a mate to help you. sorry to only give you what you didnt want to hear

how long will it take to die if it dies can only give it to him in three days,just want to try it eats and the moonlight lights off its moving around

Can you post a pic of the anemone? It could be a majano anemone and a pic would help id it. :)

tank glass still dirty

IMAG0546.jpg

IMAG0545.jpg

IMAG0544.jpg

IMAG0543.jpg

wow thats a score nice one

Last edited:
Yip...you lucky Fish....please remember to give it to a mate for a few months to keep for you...it definately will not survive in a newly "still cycling" tank...where did you buy you'r LR......

Agreed. I would suggest getting it out your tank soon as it already doesnt look happy.

Hi Busanmarc

Congrats on scoring a very nice nennie !

Would I be correct in remarking that you are cycling with the lights on ?
If I may, I would suggest to rather cycle with the lights off.
I have just cycled my new tank with the lights on, and the algal bloom was quite hairy. As soon as I continued cycling with the lights off, the algae virtually ceased to be.

Agree with Addiv but you may cycle with switching on lights periodically for small periods of time...and darn you lucky to score a bubble tip anemone..well done..:thumbup:

I cycle with a 10hour lighting period. Yes got some alea growth, but also got loads of living things on the LR.

Congrats on the bubble tip

Back
Top Bottom