Help needed

Thanx Jacques and 459b for the info. It really helps if you know what you dealing with.

I'm just curious as to how you two got the info so fast. I've been looking for days now:yeahdude:

...searched on yellow-, tiger-, etc etc ... the color gold however never came to mind ...... :whistling:

Cheers

Hi PCH - it helps to be a SCUBA diver and ACTUALLY having seen these fish in the sea and around whale sharks. It looks absolutely hilarious when these little fish swim a few centimetres in front of the whale shark's mouth.... Looks like the little fish is actually towing the HUGE whale shark! :)

Hi PCH - it helps to be a SCUBA diver and ACTUALLY having seen these fish in the sea and around whale sharks. It looks absolutely hilarious when these little fish swim a few centimetres in front of the whale shark's mouth.... Looks like the little fish is actually towing the HUGE whale shark! :)

I don't believe you :whistling: a picture will prove it :p

Yip they are Kingies. You Often see them swimming in the tentacles of openwater jellyfish, And floating debris far out at sea. Would be surprised if you could keep them alive.

Yip they are Kingies. You Often see them swimming in the tentacles of openwater jellyfish, And floating debris far out at sea. Would be surprised if you could keep them alive.

Thanks Sunburst,
Would you say they are fuzzy eaters or do they generally not adapt well to captivity?

Currently the eat well - I feed them meaty bits (Hake) together with frozen brineshrimp and bloodworm. They are still very small though ...

Thanks Sunburst,
Would you say they are fuzzy eaters or do they generally not adapt well to captivity?

Currently the eat well - I feed them meaty bits (Hake) together with frozen brineshrimp and bloodworm. They are still very small though ...

Some of the larger international public aquaria have started to keep some pelagics. However these are the exception more than the rule. And kingfish are not one of the exceptions...sorry...however now that you have them..... What is important to understand is that the metabolism of these fish are incredibly high, and they survive on an incredibly rich protein diet. I would guess that to maintain them for any period of time you would need some decent flow and a rich diet... ie krill and cyclopeeze...Please keep us posted....you will soon be feeding fillet steakes...in about 3 months:)

I'm just curious as to how you two got the info so fast. I've been looking for days now
it helps having spent every holiday at the baech, collecting bait, fishing, snorkling etc. I also read ALOT, esp picture books.

Back
Top Bottom