Help needed with alveopora

Reaction score
hi all,i got this coral for 2 months now it used to open very well n 1 evening i came home n it wasent opend @ all now for abt 2 weeks its opening very little ....got my water tested @ northlands pets n all is well...... wats up with this coral?

Hi Triven - sorry mate. But, even though these corals are fantastic looking, they are really not long term survivors in our tank. They fall in the same area as goniporia, for me.....

The only way I can think of, having these types of corals survive long-term, is to have the filtration system that would allow you to really over-feed a lot, and also overfeed a lot of phyto- and zoo-plankton....

thats not good i realy like this coral i got coral liquid wat else should i feed it

Hi Triven - perhaps rather try some phyto- and zoo-plankton with more substance in it. ie. Plankton that you purchase in frozen form....

Or perhaps even the blended form of marina mix (blended very fine).....

Agreed. I have tried 3 of these now and they seemed to do well for a while and then they just faded away.

Good luck

I like Sims have had 3 of these, also one of my favourite corals, all have done well for a while...with my last one even growing new heads...only for them to have died. I fairness the last one died cause my trumpet fell on it and the one head died, unfortunately what I have found with them though is if one head goes they all do. From experience I think you are too late...once they don't start extending for long periods of time it usually signals the end.

Good luck though, and don't be afraid to try them again...I think my last would still be alive if not for the trumpet. Just remember they like little to no flow, pretty high nutrients...that's why they tend to do well in a more heavily fed tank and they can be very finicky...once you have placed it somewhere leave it there, I have found with them that if you disturb them too much they die.

Back
Top Bottom