Help is needed

Reaction score
guy's i need a bit of help here, my water seems to be a bit cloudy, ongoing now for a while. Have tested for ammonia and its not detectable on my kit and on my mate's kit.

All the fish are healthy and the few test corals are oppening well and growing.

The cloudiness does not come out when i take a pic but my best description of it would be like dosing with liquid po4 remover, just not as cloudy.

Please help if you can thanks.

Any other water parameters, like calcium and alkalinity levels?

What substrate did you put in? Was it washed properly? You have a large amount of waterflow in your tank, maybe it's just blowing dust around from the substrate.

How long has it been cloudy?

Ca 420
Alk 9dkh

New substrate washed in the ocean as i collected it, not very fine about dbl suger grain size.

Flow could be a factor as its about 82 times the water column per hour.

Cloudy about a week or so

Last edited:
Tridan, have you done anything differently or added something new that could be the cause of it? do you have a fish that is constantly kicking up the substrate?

Another question! Is it the same all the time or is there a variation in teh amount of cloudiness (eg worse at night)?

Wee-man nothing new except a bit of hardware used my same basic principles as i always do.

KevinW it seems to be a bit more visible at night, but not by much.

Nah not much in there to spawn, thought of that one too started jumping up and down the first time i saw it but realised that everything in the tank amounts to a few small test pieces.

did you perhaps dose any kalwasser to the system?

Back
Top Bottom