Help design my new tank

yes im pretty sure the walls will hold!! its not really a huge volume for a double brick wall

ok so im going with kangas first pic
the actual tank will be 80cm deep and im going to try fit all my equipment underneath the setup so ill build brick ponds underneath
my question is how much bracing will I need underneath to hold this mass of water? and for the sides can I just use concrete blocks? im not really a builder so im wanting help from you guys with desighn and ill get a profesional builder to come help me

i have considerd it but its a huge volume

oh and what are pre cast intels?

A pre-cast lintel is a piece of reinforced concrete normally used above a window or door to hold the bricks above the door up. They're mass produced and quite cheap. They're also available in lots of sizes.

Check out monsterfishkeeper. Lots of guys there keep big fish. Here's a discussion on black tip reef sharks.
Reef sharks?? - Monster Fish Keepers

There are also lots of "how I did my big tank" stories.

hello
well im starting !! iv got 100 blocks and im hopefully buying submariners 2m lighting unit so yahoo

dont forget the progress pics dude!you can start by posting pics of the bricks :p

shut up!!:p
ill post pics when im good and ready:razz:

you talk too much!!:p

do you think 2 pool pumps as returns will be alright?
also for filteration im wanting to use only a huge dsb and a seperate plenum jubert filter with loads of cheato morpha
what you think?

oh kanga are you bored?
i need help drawing up the underneath of the tank
im wanting the overflow on the left and retirn right hand side
inderneath I want 3 rectangle ponds with space for 2 pool pumps a kalk reactor and a reef octo skimmer there will be about 85 cm height to work with

heeeelp

you talk too much!!:p

do you think 2 pool pumps as returns will be alright?
also for filteration im wanting to use only a huge dsb and a seperate plenum jubert filter with loads of cheato morpha
what you think?

Hi Calvin - I think that if the DSB is big enough (how big is HUGE?) and you have a LOT of macro algae, that this would work perfectly well for a filtration system.

I presume that you are going to add that monster skimmer of yours onto this as well?

thanks man
Im wanting a dsb with a surface of 1.5 m square
and ill be using a reef octopus becket skimmer or a bubble master

That would be MORE than ample filtration! As long as you perhaps create a T-off from the outlet/supply to T-off to the skimmer and to the DSB seperately.... you want to feed your DSB detritus as well for the micro critters to eat and be merry that they can multiply into their millions!

i want the overflow to go ino a mechanicle filteration chamber first (sponge) then to dsb then into the plenum jubert and skimmer and then return

im not really going to be keeping corals in this setup as sharks /rays and angels will damage them!!
im going to add 3 different montipora capricornis ,a porcillapora and large hydnopora and allow them to grow naturally so im sure it will be quite interesting in 5 years time

yes just good water quality not to worried about zero nutrients

Back
Top Bottom