Hello From Fragd.it

Welcome to MASA Vlad, glad you joined us. Looks like you have a great setup and lots of knowledge about the hobby - hope to share some in the future. Enjoy your stay :wave2:

Thank you Tobes. It won't be short. I will always be lurking. Even if you don't see me posting a lot. I am a big net surfer, so I am in a lot of places at the same time.

A VERY WARM (belated) WELCOME to MASA, Fragd.It! Great to have you on-board! Sounds like you know your reef-keeping thing!

Please post some amazing pics for us?

And it will be GREAT that you are always around! It is invaluable for us to have such great talent and experience on-board to assist our members in becoming the BEST reefkeepers that they can be!

A VERY WARM (belated) WELCOME to MASA, Fragd.It! Great to have you on-board! Sounds like you know your reef-keeping thing!

Please post some amazing pics for us?

And it will be GREAT that you are always around! It is invaluable for us to have such great talent and experience on-board to assist our members in becoming the BEST reefkeepers that they can be!

I will, probably later today.

Unlike a lot of so called experts in this hobby, I am a humble person who always likes to learn more. I strongly believe that once you stop learning, and start blowing your own horn, you become a detriment to this hobby. This is why I venture to many other forums to meet people of like interests.

I will, probably later today.

Unlike a lot of so called experts in this hobby, I am a humble person who always likes to learn more. I strongly believe that once you stop learning, and start blowing your own horn, you become a detriment to this hobby. This is why I venture to many other forums to meet people of like interests.

Many thanks for this comment, Fragd.It! That's awesome to hear!
And I agree 10000% with you - and also subscribe to the EXACT SAME philosophy!

Here are some pictures of corals that I own, or used to own...

P1010198.jpg

P1010170.jpg

P1010189.jpg

Macro-LARamsTenuis.jpg

P1010174.jpg

LELollipopMille030808.jpg

P1010179.jpg

P1010152.jpg

P1010082.jpg

MoroccanSparkleDigi.jpg

LETyreeTrueUndata.jpg

P1010164.jpg

DROOOL!

welcome Vlad, really is a fantastic read through but i'm afraid i dont like you already....jealousy makes one nasty and even if i am not an sps fan seeing those corrals you have would convert anyone! Congrats on a truley beautiful system.

You do seem more automated than most systems I have seen, and even then i am sure you are never totally free of worry when travelling, but very well done on creating a systems that looks effortless to run. I say looks, as I am sure its not.

welcome to MASA, really great to have you here.

do you mind sharing pics for an id data base, if not there are some really stunning shots I am sure MASA would love to use :)

Some very nice corals there, and a very nice system too, looks great.:)

Thank you for your warm compliments. I try to automate everything, so that I have very little worry. Having the Reef Keeper alert me whenever something is amiss, is a blessing. What I want to do now is to try to simplify water changes. A simple turn of the knob is too easy and not too gadgety :) I want to be able to ask my Reef Keeper to turn off the main pumps, turn on the drain pump, then turn on the refill pump.

As well, I do not have a full powerdown plan. Right now I only have the prop tank setup for a power failure, but not the display. I am leaning towards getting a vortech mp40 with a battery backup (which would last around 8-10hrs). Will have a blog post about it.

total wicked pics...
the FTS is an amazing view

Thank you for your warm compliments. I try to automate everything, so that I have very little worry. Having the Reef Keeper alert me whenever something is amiss, is a blessing. What I want to do now is to try to simplify water changes. A simple turn of the knob is too easy and not too gadgety :) I want to be able to ask my Reef Keeper to turn off the main pumps, turn on the drain pump, then turn on the refill pump.

As well, I do not have a full powerdown plan. Right now I only have the prop tank setup for a power failure, but not the display. I am leaning towards getting a vortech mp40 with a battery backup (which would last around 8-10hrs). Will have a blog post about it.
ever heard of K.I.S.S????? lol get your non reefer to do it, thats what they do in SA :)

WOW! Awesome lifestock, man! Thanks for sharing!

BTW: Do you perhaps know (or heard of) Snappy? (Greg Timms)? He is also from somewhere in Canada..... not sure where?

haha, yes I have. In fact Gregg and I have exchanged a few corals in the past. He has a massive collection. He is from Calgary.

ever heard of K.I.S.S????? lol get your non reefer to do it, thats what they do in SA :)

Actually, this is so K.I.S.S. It is not complicated once you understand how it all works. It is not like I have tubes and pipes running left, right with valves here and there. My setup is quite clean. Simplicity and automation. :D

Back
Top Bottom