Hello - advice please

OK, I seem to be getting my head around all this.

next question: Where do I find info on "making" seawater. I live inland so the Indian ocean is out of the question

OK you will use water filtered through a reverse osmosis filter to remove all organic and mineral compounds

salt mix is available from the sponsors as well

What are these ? I think the T8's are lights

yip T8,s are lights Bio Balls are a type of media used in filters back in the dark ages:lol:

Some LFS are still stuck on them

OK you will use water filtered through a reverse osmosis filter to remove all organic and mineral compounds

salt mix is available from the sponsors as well

The water used - distilled, rain, tap ?

Sorry you did detailed these items in the kit list :(

T5 is what i gave you in the kit list, much much higher intensity than T8 lights.

Bio Ball is little roulnd platic balls used for filters(not a good thing) I mentioned Bio Rock which is an "artificial/cermaic" replacement for live rock

HTH;)

Welcome to MASA. Please check in the for sale forum, I think Reaper is selling his whole set up as he is moving down to CT.

Last edited:
hello, you should also consider getting a chiller and some backup power (ups &/or generator)

cheers

thanks, although UPS not needed as I have back-up diesel generators.

You think you would need a cooler in Jozie ?

From experience with my tropical and reptiles terrariums, I have never needed to cool them down, but maybe they run alot hotter. Will check it out

Hi Warr7207, welcome to the forum. I see you are in good hands and getting some excellent advice. Look forward to watching your new tank progress.

Great Forum

Yeah, have to compliment the forum members. I have learnt more in 8 hours compared to 2 books and loads of web trawling over the last 2 weeks has taught me.

A couple days ago I was very close to deciding to give up on Marine Reef Keeping, as it all sounded very confusing, complicated, chemistry based (and I studied Analytical Chemistry !!) and full of "Snake Oil" advice or products.

The advice and answers here are clear and make sense.

WELL DONE:thumbup:

I would suggest you try see as many other people's set-ups before you buy anything - that way you will get a good idea of the different ways of doing things.

The advice offered here so far is very sound so you won't go wrong with any of it.

Where about in Johannesburg are you?

I would suggest you try see as many other people's set-ups before you buy anything - that way you will get a good idea of the different ways of doing things.

Very very true, see as many set ups as what you can, that surely helped me when I started out

I agree.

But abit of a dilemma, Likesfish has some kit that looks very tempting and well priced.

Reaper also has some interesting gear and Ridwaan has sent me a tempting offer.

Do you still think I should find some members who will let me visit/view their reefs.

I agree.

But abit of a dilemma, Likesfish has some kit that looks very tempting and well priced.

Reaper also has some interesting gear and Ridwaan has sent me a tempting offer.

Do you still think I should find some members who will let me visit/view their reefs.

Yes, have alook at as much as what you can it pays of in the long run.

Welcome to MASA!i see the the boys are putting you on track :thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom