heating

Reaction score
hi i gt a problem with heating as soon as i switch of my halogens of my lighting unit my water temp drops to 24 it is currently on 25.7 bt my heaters are set to 27
do i set it even higher

Last edited:
No 25 -24 is perfect you don't want your water temp to go higher then 27.

thanks its a 450lt will try to upload a pic bt i dnt no how will let u no if i get it right

I will try and add one more heater and set them all at maybe 26 in winter and monitor temp in evening with no lights. But then in summer as soon as it starts to get worm you will need to take out one bay ons heater till it is full sumer. My tank is 1000lt and I have one heater in summer set at 23 and it never switches on. In winter in Harrismith I have 4 heaters all set at 26 and thy on from Mei to sept all the time. my temp stays around 24 in winter and at 26-28 in summer. In Sept I will take out one heater when my temp start to go up. Set other heaters to 25 and later in sept I will take out another until I see my temp is high with lights ext. I must keep one eye on the whether forecast in Harrismith as We have had minus temps sometimes up to Oct Nov. Then it is more difficult at temp in day time gets hot and in evening in is very clod so you will learn your system and the conditions where you stay.

Back
Top Bottom