H.magnifica and a carpet together?

Reaction score
Is it at all possible to keep a H.magnifica and a carpet anemone in a 800x800x600 high aquarium? The carpet anemone would be at the bottom in/by the sand and the magnifica much higher up on top of the reef. Obviously the two as far apart as possible.

Also what are the rules for false percular clowns, how many pairs in an aquarium? I’d like to keep two pairs. Each pair with an anemone.

It's possible, although generally not advisable as you could have some quite aggressive chemical warfare between the two. I have seen a few tanks with both of these species of anemones in and all seemed quite happy with no problems being reported, although I'm not sure of the long term effects. In my opinion, it's a chance you take, if it was me with a tank your size, I would go for it.

With regards to the clownfish, you could keep as many as you want in your tank, whether or not they would pair up and be hosted by the anemone's is another thing that may or may not happen, they could very well dive into one of your corals and sit there for 3 years, lol.

Keep in mind the tank must be 9-12 months mature to keep a nennie happy as the water quality will be more stable, etc
Also, cover any flow pumps to make them nennie safe :)

Back
Top Bottom