RSS Guess to win Ecotech Marine’s next new product

MASA Admin

Reaction score
Here’s a fun one: Ecotech Marine has a new product right on the horizon and rather than let it drop like a sack of potatoes, how about we have a little contest? If you can guess what Ecotech Marine’s new product will be then you can win it!

Leave your thoughts in the comments below and whoever guesses the next new piece of hardware from the makers of the Vortech, the Radion and the ReefLink, will win it, whatever it is. Don’t be afraid to double up on someone else’s guess if you think it’s a good one, or if you can give a more specific answer.

We’ll be taking guesses in the comments below as official entries until midnight, October 31st and the winners will be announced shortly after the new product from Ecotech Marine is officially revealed. Please post your*official guess in just one line or sentence.

• You may only enter this specific giveaway only once.*post your guess in the comments below.
  • Contest is open to anyone in the U.S. 18+!*Yeah, turns out that on some states its illegal to win a contest if your under 18. Who knew? Ask your parents if you want to be entered.
  • Winner will be chosen fairly.*The winner(s) will receive a brand new Ecotech Marine “Watchamacallit” valued at $??? .
  • If you are chosen as the winner, you need to respond to our email within 3 days. If you don’t, we will pick someone else. So check your email!
  • Entries can be submitted until Thursday, October 31, 11:59PM CST.*Good luck!
Readers also viewed:

erNl6Bkb3KQ

Click here to read the article...

i like this guess, haha

"Controllable skimmer that links to a controller and has colored leds that do nothing but flash in time to Beethoven whilst taking out organic material and pumping back in parts A,B and Mag all the wile all your reefing buddies are all like oooohhhhhhh aaahhhhhhhhhh and you tell them "Yah set me back about four gees." all non chalant."

As I told them at the Expo, the Reeflink is nice... but at about $200 it is just too ridiculous for me to invest in that, and to do what. Set up my lights, common, how many times do you change your light settings!

If they link up PH probe and temperature probe to the Reeflink, then that can start to become interesting. Especially the temp. Then from there whatever else is needed. But it need to be smarter than just that, it needs to keep memory, tell me my temp fluctuations on a graph for a week. Now, then I might get interested on putting R2000 down on the Reeflink.

They guy from Ecotech just stood there.

congrats @Visser ,but you will have to wait until the comp ends to claim your prize :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
its more than just a light controller

Currently is can be used to setup you lights, and synchronize the Vortech pumps with it. Yes, it will allow more options on settings than the current settings you can get out of the Radion and or Vortech pumps. Only advantage is that it is (supposedly) easier to use than plugging in your lights directly to the PC.

But in current state, it is at the end of the day it is a R2000 controller for lights and pumps.

Unless there is another feature currently on the Reeflink that I do not know about.

As I told them at the Expo, the Reeflink is nice... but at about $200 it is just too ridiculous for me to invest in that, and to do what. Set up my lights, common, how many times do you change your light settings!

If they link up PH probe and temperature probe to the Reeflink, then that can start to become interesting. Especially the temp. Then from there whatever else is needed. But it need to be smarter than just that, it needs to keep memory, tell me my temp fluctuations on a graph for a week. Now, then I might get interested on putting R2000 down on the Reeflink.

They guy from Ecotech just stood there.

Lol, would have love to see your conversation in person...:tt2: Poor Ecotech rep...
Unfortunately, i would have to agree with you. If ecotech had more equipment in their product range, & all could be managed with the wireless controller... Then I would be impressed! (probably their eventual goal)
Like a wireless heater, return pump, ATO etc...
& it must feature a complete aquarium controlling ability...

Last edited:
Unless there is another feature currently on the Reeflink that I do not know about.
yip there is, he told us at the dinner what the plans were and updates etc.

currently
keyword...
Currently.
Once it can do whatever else is currently just plans or updates. Then yes. But currently, it is a glorified controller.
Maybe one day.

Last edited:
mis-quoting me again....

and if you read the article you would see the product is a development integration kit, no is forcing you to buy one

“We are extremely excited about this development,” says Tim Marks, president of EcoTech Marine. “While the VorTech wave driver already provides extensive functionality right out of the box, this enables customers to integrate our market-leading flow technology with their lighting, dosing, pH and other systems. We look forward to enabling VorTech customers to be able to fully customize and control their pump using the aquarium controller of their choice.”

sorry, on the miss-quoting, slipped again, if you highlight a quote in another post, then the quote becomes that persons quote. My bad.

EcoTech Marine, the company that revolutionized the reef aquarium propeller pump, has announced the release of a development kit for third-party aquarium controller companies for its award-winning VorTech line. Although no firm release date has been established by manufacturers, stay tuned for announcements as controller companies begin to bring this desired technology to market.

They release the interface source code to other companies so that their controller software can talk to the Vortech pumps.

So as they said
Stay Tuned.

Back
Top Bottom