Greetings! :)

Reaction score
I don't have any marine tanks as yet but I'm planning on adding one or two to my collection of 16 freshwater and brackish tanks.

I suffer from MTS (Multiple Tank Syndrome) which means I can't visit a pet store without walking out with a new fish, tank or accessory! :whistling:

Looking forward to meeting and making some new friends here and, most of all - picking your brains and learning plenty! :razz:

Thats about it in a nutshell. Theres a link to my photo gallery in my signature if anyone is interested in checking out my stock! :)

Last edited:
welcometomasa
tell us what you plans are for your new system.you'll find all the help you need here ;)

tell us what you plans are for your new system.you'll find all the help you need here ;)

Thanks! :)

Well basically I'd like to convert our lounge into a giant tank but the wife is resisting that idea quite vigorously! hehehe

Seriously now I'd like to start of small with a nano reef and 1 or 2 fish/inverts. I've got a friend who imports these nano starter kits with everything built in but I don't think it'll be as much fun as starting from the ground up - I enjoy the whole DIY side of the hobby too and prefer making my own tanks and accessories etc.

I'm open to suggestions! :)

Hi, welcome to MASA, have a look through the members tank spec section, see if anything takes your fancy, then ask lots of questions.

Hey Welcome to MASA NinjaPenguin!

1915239822_35fd8d0147.jpg

Yep, definitely a BAD case of MTS! I stopped all my freshwater tanks when I started my reef tank. Reef tank was more than enough maintenance... But now I have most things automated etc and it's not too bad...

You wouldn't happen to have a zebra pleco would you?

Welcome to MASA, Hmm i have finnaly been diagnosed, MTS. thanks dude.

Hmm Viper i think you need to start a support group here on MASA for the sufferers of MTS. :p

Hey NinjaPenguin, nice to have you on board, if you think the fresh water is addictive, you in for the ride of your life. Also suffer with MTS its just far more severe on the dark side.

I think BTS (bigger tank syndrome) is more prevalent on the marine side...

I really like the look of this tank, very nice :thumbup:

1151676399_3d7ea2db23.gif

Are all your tanks linked together ?

Welcome to MASA.

Welcome to MASA Ninja Penguin.

Awesome gallery, thanks for the link.

Like Alan said, strap yourself in and get ready for some fun :D

Thanks everyone! I feel at home already and looking forward to an interesting ride! :thumbup:

Are all your tanks linked together ?

They are all self contained at the moment but I am busy designing simple overflow and sump type filter for my breeder/growout tanks (The ones on the DIY stand) - will hopefully get around to building that in December... thats if I don't blow the whole budget and next months rent on a marine tank first! ;)

Back
Top Bottom