Green Horn

but it looks like a anenome and it normaly is not so extended and it has a foot piece. are you guys sure

Kill it Kill it Kill it!

I just shut my tank down because I lost the battle with them!
I'm busy drying my LR and will have to start all over!

The DSB should be 150mm deep.
But by the looks of the sand dunes, it does look like your return pump is to big for the sump. What rating is the pump, how high must it lift the water, and how wide (front to back) is your sump at the DSB section? See the difference in the water level above the sand and the top edge of the glass divider. What is that height difference? Itlooks like way more than 10mm.

From what I learn over time, is that the water flow must be good, but not too strong to cause sand movement. Not too slow to cause excess settlement on the DSB. And that flow rate is dependant on the width of the sump.
To have the same flow rate on a wide sump compared to a narrow sump, you would need a lot stronger return pump.

I will also increase the water level in return chamber. Have the water fall down maximum 30mm. That will reduce the amount of bubbles pulled down and being sucked up by the return pump.

Yes Riaan is the right one to sort you out. :bigthumbup:
Thanks Riaan!!

Last edited:
but it looks like a anenome and it normaly is not so extended and it has a foot piece. are you guys sure

Welcome, don't know anyone else in Malmesbury with a marine tank!!

It is anemone :biggrin:, probable the only one many of us has manage to keep :lol:

Kill it, make sure it is killed and then kill it again.

Joe's juice or a zapper, someone may come and even do it for you with a zapper.

I checked this whatever was on the move on Sunday (maybe going to church)I managed to siphon the bugger out and then spat him into the garden outside the window maybe my garden technian will plant him tomorrow

I checked this whatever was on the move on Sunday (maybe going to church)I managed to siphon the bugger out and then spat him into the garden outside the window maybe my garden technian will plant him tomorrow

Not sure that is far enough, may get back into the tank ?

Back
Top Bottom