Greedy Tube Anemone :)

Do they have the same requirements as a normal anemone?
nope.

Just the name corresponds. It is not really an anemone either.
They do not have the same light requirements either.

They do like a really small piece of meaty food once a week, but really do not need it.

Does that mean that my tank dont have to mature for least a year before I can get one?
Yip

they are not very demanding.

When placing them in a display, make sure that they can not touch other corals.
Put them low down on the sand. do not dig a hole and "plant" them. They will do it themselves. Just lay them down, maybe with a rock on both sides just to prevent them from blowing away.
Can put just the tip in the sand, but other than that, do not stick them into the sand.

yes.
if you plant them. then they sand pushes to hard against their tubes. Then they can climb out and float somewhere else.

Or when they are in too much current.

Take into account that they are bottom dwellers. So no extreme flow rates.

But once settled, they will stay in place.

and, do not put the banded types to close to the normal ones.

You get some, that have bands on their long tentacles. Got one with purple and white alternating bands.

They fight chemically with each other. The "normal" ones, with only one color on their long tentacles, seems to be OK with each other, having more than one color together does not matter.

Some can get big. Had one with tentacles up to 30cm long. Reaching very far. Will see if I can get its pic.

This is a banded one

A yellow. That sump is 30cm wide, reaching both ends easily.

The orange one has moved a couple times. Generally feed them pellets and frozen foods (mix of mysis, Cyclops, marine mix).

Back
Top Bottom