Gotcha!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
LOWLY BOTTOM-FEEDING, MOUTH-BREATHING CREATURE! DO NOT MESS WITH A SUPERIOR INTEREC...INNERLEC...err INTELLILECT...er...THING!

He has been banished to The Abyssal Plains of Gehenna. Poor dude. :thumbup:

SAM_0117.jpg

I take it that he is in the sump??

whhhhhyyyyy...?

They have a bad rep for coral nipping. I haven't noticed any bad behaviour, although that said this particular individual has an annoying personality. I almost NEVER see it on my reef, it's always in some dark festering hole plotting up evil schemes for Total Tank Domination. It only comes out after dark. This morning it got caught unawares and the superior inter... intel... ah bugger it, the big scary human pounced.

Gesiggie said:
I take it that he is in the sump??

Kirrekt. You want it? :)

I'm confused isn't that a dancing shrimp? Usually those things cost me money & then disappear into thin air, or water, after hanging around in an arb place for a week or so.

Am I missing something with these guys?

They have a bad rep for coral nipping. I haven't noticed any bad behaviour, although that said this particular individual has an annoying personality. I almost NEVER see it on my reef, it's always in some dark festering hole plotting up evil schemes for Total Tank Domination. It only comes out after dark. This morning it got caught unawares and the superior inter... intel... ah bugger it, the big scary human pounced.

... just reading between the lines her... i take it u're not a fan?
:tt2:

Last edited by a moderator:

... just reading between the lines her... i take it u're not a fan?
:tt2:

I read some incorrect web info on this guy while standing in LFS. Decided to buy it and then got stuck with the little bastard.

TBH even if it was reef safe, the thing started creeping me out with the way it moves. It doesn't have this gentle grace about it like a skunk shrimp ferinstance - this guy is always darting about in short little jerky movements.

Last edited:
nicely done!! they seem slow and lethargic until you try to catch 'em, then it's nitrous engaged!! Bud, if you were looking for peppermint shrimps, the real deal, I think Idol may have some in stock...

Leave it in the sump.

My sump is standing bare at the moment except for a handful of small rubble pieces. Will I need to feed it or will it be ok on the stuff that ends up there on its own? At the moment I am only feeding flakes and pellets (so only flakes will end up there).

nicely done!! they seem slow and lethargic until you try to catch 'em, then it's nitrous engaged!! Bud, if you were looking for peppermint shrimps, the real deal, I think Idol may have some in stock...

Naw, I liked the look of them - I wasn't on the lookout for peppermints. These were just chilling in the LFS display tank. It IS a pretty thing, pity that my lack of experience has now created a life of misery for the poor guy :(

Last edited:
My sump is standing bare at the moment except for a handful of small rubble pieces. Will I need to feed it or will it be ok on the stuff that ends up there on its own? At the moment I am only feeding flakes and pellets (so only flakes will end up there).
You can give I a pellet or two but it will find some sort of chow on the rubble.;)

I'll fatten it up for somebody's killer whale or FOWLR tank. No point in me keeping it in my sump unless it manages on the muck that ends up there.

Back
Top Bottom