Goodbye for now

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by VicZA, 7 Nov 2015.

1. VicZA

7 Jul 2013
    Hey everyone,

I started my very first fish tank (never had fresh or marine previously) almost 2 years ago now, and as life would have it I have decided to shut down my tank to focus on some other priorities for now. I built my tank from scratch by myself.

I would like to think that I ran a pretty successful tank for the two years and I must say that I learned a hell of a lot from people here both during the build and then stocking and keeping all the amazing creatures that make up our hobby. Sure I lost some fish and some of the frags I had didn't quite blossom the way I was hoping but that's all part of it.
    I would like to thank the following people in Masa in particular for their help: Dallas (dallasg), Riaan (RiaanP), Hailey (Hails) and Keith (Nemos Janitor)

For anyone who is willing to listen, I can tell you what I think makes for a succesful tank and enjoyment in this hobby:

1 - Any change you make (parameters, chemicals, dosing, etc) make it slowly and be persistent and results happen
    2 - Read and listen to others with experience - there's a reason they still doing this after 10+ years
    3 - Be patient with coral. If you coral doesn't look happy one day, give it the benefit of the doubt.

Like I say, I will be back one day ... but for now ... Cheers and enjoy your fantastic hobby

Rob13 likes this.
  2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Moolis Moolman

Moolis Moolman Pet Stop SA Sponsor

15 Dec 2007
    Sad to see you go and I hope the future would bring you back.

You really did reach the point of SUCCESS so this is even worse :(

Hope your focus on your new priorities bring great benefits to you and your family's future.
    VicZA likes this.
  4. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

11 Aug 2008
    Goodbye VicZA

Come back soon. With a bang...
    VicZA likes this.
Recent Posts