Give me your input...

Tobes, I think it came to about R25 or R35 Grand- will ask Alida. I remember the Speakers cost me R16Grand and the Sub woofer was R11000. But cannot remember the individual units, will ask the wife to look on the slips

Hey tobes - I jus got a yamaha RXV767 - 6 HDMI inputs and 2 dual outputs. I am running it with a Monitor Audio BR6 speaker package and they are brilliant speakers. It all depends how much you wanna spend. I find the yamaha a excellent audio visual amp. Remedy tech have a special with the RXV767 and blueray player for R8995 plus R500 worth of cabling and free delivery. They also have monitor audio speaker package on special. http://www.remedytec.co.za - I bought a boston cube system for my lounge and cannot believe the sound these small speakers put out.

Regards
Duran

Thanks Sean

@durleo

The amp I want is the RXV2067 or the RXV1067.

The HiFi & Theatre shop here by us have the RXV2067 amp plus the BD-S1067 3D ready blu-ray player plus the speaker package I posted first below the amp (the NS 777, NS333, NSC444 and YST-RSW300 sub on special for R31500. Then I also get a PDX-31 Ipod docking station free worth R1800. He also said maybe he'll throw in something extra like a airwired unit for the sub worth R1500, so no wires.

Sounds like a good deal hey? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Sean

@durleo

The HiFi & Theatre shop here by us have the RXV2067 amp plus the BD-S1067 3D ready blu-ray player plus the speaker package I posted first below the amp (the NS 777, NS333, NSC444 and YST-RSW300 sub on special for R31500. Then I also get a PDX-31 Ipod docking station free worth R1800. He also said maybe he'll throw in something extra like a airwired unit for the sub worth R1500, so no wires.

What is sounds like is that money could set up one mean marine tank.....:whistling: But hey you already have that so might as well get some good sound for those existing livestock .... Oh wait ...Is this for your benefit or the tanks benefit:lol: .... If for you its too expensive .... If your piece of ocean gains then by all means .... great deal .... I can just see the livestock boegying the night away:yeahdude:

Thanks Sean

@durleo

I thinks this is a pretty good deal - I havent heard the yamaha speakers but i have seen that the build quality is top notch. I heard a pair of Klipsch speakers that cost R110 000 and Oh my do I want them. I think it boils down to the theory of relativety. If you a Multi Millionare then a few hundred thousand on a sound system is not crazy.
I mean most people look at us reefers with wide eyes when we say we paid R7000 for a pair of Vortechs or a fish costs R1000 :lol: - I think you will enjoy that amp and speaker package and will give you plenty of bells and whistles fiddleing with the amp:thumbup:

I thinks this is a pretty good deal - I havent heard the yamaha speakers but i have seen that the build quality is top notch. I heard a pair of Klipsch speakers that cost R110 000 and Oh my do I want them. I think it boils down to the theory of relativety. If you a Multi Millionare then a few hundred thousand on a sound system is not crazy.
I mean most people look at us reefers with wide eyes when we say we paid R7000 for a pair of Vortechs or a fish costs R1000 :lol: - I think you will enjoy that amp and speaker package and will give you plenty of bells and whistles fiddleing with the amp:thumbup:

I read someting like 20 reviews on those specific speakers and just one guy complained saying they lack base but he didn't have a sub woofer. They sound better as they play in.
But...I still like the Monitor Audio speakers. The guy here by HiFi & Theatre shop said they have excellent midrange. Is it true? Haven't heard them yet. He has a sound room with all of them on display, so he can set it up for me. I love the clean look and want the Silver range. How does the Bronze sound?

What is sounds like is that money could set up one mean marine tank.....:whistling: But hey you already have that so might as well get some good sound for those existing livestock .... Oh wait ...Is this for your benefit or the tanks benefit:lol: .... If for you its too expensive .... If your piece of ocean gains then by all means .... great deal .... I can just see the livestock boegying the night away:yeahdude:

No tank at the moment Chika, setting up in a month or two :)

@durleo

You must've missed my questions. I did a bit more homework and decided to buy Monitor audio speakers with a Yamaha amp and blu-ray player.
I love the Gold series, but not the cost :(
Silver is nice, but saw some reviews on the Bronze, they also won awards. Are yours played in already? How they sound?

I'm interested in the BX6 fronts, BX2 rears, BX centre and sub.

Yep - mine are played in - they have a very warm sound considering that I have laminate floors and blinds - I only have a couch in the entertainment area. I am very happy with it and the build quaility is excellent. The silver is a real wood cabinet but the drivers look exactly the same.

@durleo

Great stuff, I made up my mind - Monitor audio it is :)

Did you use the D-tox cd they supply or recommend to play in their speakers quicker?

The range will depend on how much money I'm allowed to spend :whistling:

...but I'll be happy with the Bronze as well, seeing they're mentioned as best buy products on some audiophile sites.

Sorry to jack this but anyone here using Harmon Kardon amplifiers for their home entertainment? In the market for just an amp to drive my surround sound speakers and came across one for 4K ...... Just wondering if they any good .... I know the Mercs and Beemers come with this brand ... so it can't be all that bad

Last edited:
I heard it's good Chika, what do the reviews say on the net?

Someone has a AVR335 for 4K ...Most of the reviews are positive .... the downfall is that are no HDMI inputs ... BTW ... @Tobes why in your first post you said you dont want to hear about Sony,Samsung etc ... Are they no good?

Also want to do the layout of the speakers like this ... or am I doing something wrong ... Will be a custom made unit ......

14844e7f64520ec05.png

Someone has a AVR335 for 4K ...Most of the reviews are positive .... the downfall is that are no HDMI inputs ... BTW ... @Tobes why in your first post you said you dont want to hear about Sony,Samsung etc ... Are they no good?

There's nothing wrong with Sony,Samsung, etc. It's just they are "everyday" or "lesser quality" equipment than Yamaha, Monitor Audio, Cambridge Audio, Nad, etc - and don't sound nearly as nice ;)
I believe you get what you pay for. My current Yamaha is still pounding after 11 years and never broke or gave any problems. It works everyday as the dish plays through it as well - even if we're not at home, it stays on. I wanna see a Samsung or LG do that :whistling:

Also want to do the layout of the speakers like this ... or am I doing something wrong ... Will be a custom made unit ......

14844e7f64520ec05.png

Are the bottom ones the rear speakers? If yes, they need to be behind you otherwise it defeats the purpose of surrounds?

The bottom ones are 10" subs 200W each ... Its a 6.2 configuration .... With 3 x satellite speakers for the rear surrounds .....

The bottom ones are 10" subs 200W each ... Its a 6.2 configuration .... With 3 x satellite speakers for the rear surrounds .....

Oh ok :blush: First check in the manual what the manufacturer says were you must put the speakers, usually they recommend a certain height,etc
If not, try to put the centre and rears head height. If you need to lift them, tilt them a little downwards. Well, mine says head height, so check yours ;)

OK thanx bud ... What about the tv's now ... Got an option on a 42" LG led 3D tv for 10K ... Dont know if I can get used to watching tv with glasses though .......

Back
Top Bottom