RSS Giesemann debuts Megachrome Crystal metal halide bulbs

MASA Admin

Reaction score
341-H-20111907163958.jpg

The new Giesemann MEGACHROMEcrystal metal halide bulbs should be a good sign for metal halide lighting fans that the technology isn’t quite going away and there is still innovation in bulb design. This double-ended bulb is geared towards the coral crowd where a high blue and violet content light source is desired.

The company touts the MEGACHROMEcrystal metal halide bulb as one that offers excellent coloration and high intensity. With this bulb you’ll get that crisp, sharp white look with the light blue and violet tint to bring out the fluorescent pop in your corals.

On top of that, Giesemann notes the bulb’s light spectrum has a pink accent giving you a bit more depth as well as pop in other colors. Plus with a temperature around 17,500K, Giesemann notes its manufacturing process helps for longer color stability over the life of the bulb, a problem with many bulbs towards the blue end of the spectrum.

Although this should give you enough of the blue and violet spectrum to not have to use supplemental actinic light, you’ll still probably want to add some to help get a simulated dawn to dusk effect. The bulbs will be available in double-ended 150W and 250W models. No word on price yet but they should be somewhere in the ballpark of its other MEGACHROME bulbs.

[Thanks for the tip Tony Vargas!]
Readers also viewed:

QMK10KbQBBg

More...

Sounds awesome...wonder when they will be available in south Africa.
Posted via Mobile Device

sound like great bulbs, ive read a coule of things about them, pitty they only come in double ended bulbs, but they do sound great

this sounds great..wonder when it will become available

Hello I have a gissemann 150w metal haildies where can I buy a bulb for it it still works but just in case it stops also if I had to sell what could I get for

Back
Top Bottom