Generators

On the positive feed on your main breaker.

A 14KVA is a 14KW wattage is calculated as a product of the voltage and current hence VA... there is actually a little more to these calculations using the complex and real parts of the voltage ;)

Thanks Waynan. So if I take 240V multipied by the reading from the current clamp, I should get my total wattage use and possibly the size of genny I need.

Dober_man, my buddy my pal, I don't know what the positive feed on your main breaker even looks like. Sorry:(

Open your DB. Lick your finger, and touch all the bare wires. When you feel a tingling sensation, that is the live wire.

And use 220V in your calculation.

Ignore post 43, you will spontaneously combust.

Its the thick red one coming in from outside.

Thanks Dober Man, I'll do that as soon as I get a current clamp. Perhaps by this weekend.

As DM said use 220V in the calcs, also please be VERY!!! VERY!!! VERY!!! careful when taking the readings, in fact make sure you take them on the house side of the breaker, if you make a mistake then you at least have a chance of survival, but on the eskom side....

In fact if you can get someone that has done this before to take the reading rather get them to do it for you, I can't emphasise enough how dangerous this is...

Make sure you have a HOT sexy First Aider around to help you if you get shocked. Then after taking the measurement fake death. :lol:

now that sounds like a plan :rofl:

Hehehheee, you guys. I'll try my best to get somebody to do it for me otherwise I'll get a nice first aider

Back
Top Bottom