How long have you had it?
1 day​
Shipping or Collection only:
Collection​
Your location.
Cape Town​
Price:
Free​
All sales to be conducted on the thread.
  • I agree
Photo's:
59774f512a8296648.jpg
Notes:
Hey guys I found this lil hitch-hiker on a piece I bought.I know most people want to get rid of them.....but just in case someone wants to save his life......feel free to come pick him up.​

hes a predator....so hell need meat.....dunno how that will afect ur sump.....still new at this

I had one of these guys hitchhike into my display tank, wiped out most of my leather corals! If its in the sump then i guess its ok but otherwise avoid at all cost!

Dude.
You're in Cape Town right by the sea.
Dont flush him, go dump him in the ocean.....

seeing that the crab isnt an local species what do you think the impact would be of introducing a predatory species into local eco systems?

Well, I have been diving down in Cape Town and not seen much coral.
Plus the water down there is no where near what it should be for this guy to survive but I'm still sure a sea burial is still a hell of a lot better than getting flushed....

Last edited:
He is an algae eater. look at his claws. they are flat tipped and smaller they are to grab algae and twist it off. if he was a total predator his claws would be different. the claws work like thumb and index finger not large sharp pincers for cutting or breaking. the only time a crab like this will become predatory is if it cannot find enough algae

I had found questionable crab in my tank and a conscious once. Landed up keeping it alive for 2 months in a jar with regular water changes from my tank (threw in a some substrate and rocks aswell)
Also had a couple of worms as well that i didn't trust in my tank.

It made a great conversation piece- it would have survived if i didn't get adventurous and try to add a tiny leather frag that landed up dying and polluting the water

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom