Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hardware for sale
Thread title:
4x Vertex Illumilux 900-MBI for sale​
Shipping or Collection only:
Collection Only​
All sales to be conducted on the thread.
  • I agree
Photo's and description/list of items for sale:
Hi there guys.
I have 4x Vertex Illumilux 900-MBI (Marino Bianco) with brackets for sale.
Looking at R2800 each o.n.c.o.
I know these units are going for about R3600/R3800 new, so this is a good price.​
Notes:
-​

And the pics.
3707503b459cc343f.jpg

3707503b45c3d000a.jpg

Hi Quintin , are those dimmable units?
What size are they?

These guys are 90cm long each.
Enough to cover a tank of 120cm (length wise).
They come with the feet to rest on top of the tank but can also by hung if you want to use a hanging kit.

All the Illumix lights at this stage are either on or off but believe @Submariner will be bringing in a plugin controller that can control two lights each for dimming, sun rise and sun set effects.
So, if you take all 4 lights you will nee two controllers.

Believe vertex are in the final pro to-type stages of this module add-on.

Here is link for you to compare it to other similar products.
LED Module Comparison - ReefBrite / Illumilux / TrueLumen Pro - Reef Central Online Community

Last edited by a moderator:
How many do u need for a 500mm wide tank width ways if one does say 900 - 1200mm length ways?
Posted via Mobile Device

Hi Quintin, I'm looking for 2 Illumilux 600's but my tank is 900x900 so these would be perfect.

I can go up to R3600 for 2 units, if you dont get better offers please let me know.

Hi Quintin, I'm looking for 2 Illumilux 600's but my tank is 900x900 so these would be perfect.

I can go up to R3600 for 2 units, if you dont get better offers please let me know.

Lowest I can go is R2,5k a pop if you take all 4 from me.
On a 900x900 you will need 4 of these guys.

Here are some pics of the frag tank in the garage before I moved the stock over to the big tank.
It should give you an idea on light output with 4 of these running on a 900x900x500 tank.

3707503c6ae588af1.jpg

3707503c6ae58da31.jpg

3707503c6b6493b88.jpg

:thumbup:

Last edited:
Just need 2 unfortunately, I have the 600's currently and only use them for supplemental lighting, R10k is too much for me.

Just need 2 unfortunately, I have the 600's currently and only use them for supplemental lighting, R10k is too much for me.

Ok but not in a rush to sell them.
If the right price comes along then yes, else I will carry on using them. ;)

So you would say 4 would be what I would need for a 1800x500x500 system?

Wont fit.
They are too long width wise and to short length wise.
These units will fit length wise on a tank from 900mm to 1200mm, so anything shorter than that you wil be wasting light outside the tank. Anything longer than that and you are going to get dark spots where the light wont shine.

Last edited:
Wont fit.
They are too long width wise and to short length wise.
These units will fit length wise on a tank from 900mm to 1200mm, so anything shorter than that you wil be wasting light outside the tank. Anything longer than that and you are going to get dark spots where the light wont shine.

I think Kunhardt is wanting to run them 2 rows of 2 each. So 2 X 900mm long gives him 1800mm for length and then 2 combined gives him the width.

I think Kunhardt is wanting to run them 2 rows of 2 each. So 2 X 900mm long gives him 1800mm for length and then 2 combined gives him the width.

Ah, ok.
Sorry man, think I had a blonde moment there.
If this is the lighting arrangement, then yes that will work for the length of the tank.
So running on a tank that is 1800x500x500 and arranging them like this.
light - light
light - light

You wont have any problems.

Last edited:

Ah, ok.
Sorry man, think I had a blonde moment there.
If this is the lighting arrangement, then yes that will work for the length of the tank.
So running on a tank that is 1800x500x500 and arranging them like this.
light - light
light - light

You wont have any problems.

Yip Marius thats what I was thinking of doing. just to look into if this is a feasable option.

Ok,what do I tell the wife this time,I bought my last 2 from you,awesome lights.I want a third,going to have to think of something here.

Nice frag tank that you have there

Thanks man.
All the stock is now in the new tank.
As that build is finally ready to house fishies and coral.

This tank is currently empty and will have a couple of mods made to it to house seahorses. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom