Frasers 170x41x50 mixed reef

Fraser W

Swazi Reefer
Reaction score
Hello all members

So I have been on masa for a while, I posted the start of my FIRST tank in the beginners section. My current tank is now getting a little crowded now so I decided I want to build my own tank again and take a little bit longer in the building process so I can make it as neat as possible. The tank is 1.7m x 41 high x 50 wide about 345 litres excluding the sump which is about 150 litres.

Stand is build out of 50x50 square tubing painted with red oxide then top coat is black glossy paint and stands 1 metre high.

stand

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Tank & Plumbing

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The move over will start this weekend after I collect 500 litres of water on Friday..

Equipment List

Return pumps will be
1x 5000 litre reef octopus water blaster
1x 2400 litre el cheapo

Wavemakers
1x Vortec mp10 wes
1x Jeabo RW-15

Skimmer
Bubble Magnus Curv3 9

Lighting
3x 85watt intellisun leds
1x Zetlight nano over my refuguim

Nutrient Removal
1x reef octopus Pellet Reactor

looking good

Just ensure that the overflow box have enough support to keep it up there. It is big and will hold a lot of water. So its total weight will be something to consider, plus the weight of the pipes and the water inside the pipes. You only have the two short sides holding it up. Maybe a triangle or square underneath at the end points to add more support.

Thanks for the advice @RiaanP I have copied the exact overflow design from previous setup.. There is the two end points and I have four triangles spaced evenly that hold up the overflow box.. I should have posted it in the pictures. . so that should be more than enough support

Last edited by a moderator:
oh, now I see them, not easy to spot them. That should keep it up.

Back
Top Bottom