Francois 1.2 Meter Reef

Some update:

I took the algea scrubber off line for a bit that was running on the system for more than 12 months to see if the NP reactor will kick in better. I heard that running a ATS and a NP reactor dont work lekker together. Did a lekker mod also on the TLF Reactor as the NP pellets stuck toghether the whole time.

The mod I did was I took a litre coke bottle and cut it by the neck to fit in the reactor that was 68mm in diameter, got a 16mm end cap and pvc pipe glued them together and drilled eight 6mm holes in the end cap.Glued the off cut of the coke bottle to the end cap & pvc pipe, connected the pipe to the inlet of the reactor and whola! it works like a bomb.All the pellets runs evenly in the reactor and doesn't stick together.

When I did that mod I saw thicker skim mate like dark brown stuff and I have to empty the cup every second day and my PH dropped as you can see below. I think this is due to:

1.) Algea scrubber is off line ( ATS increases your PH)
2.) NP Reactor kicking in, bacteria releasing CO2 and causes the PH to drop.

Will take a vid. of the reactor and the tank tonight.

Absolutely stunning. This is exactly what I am trying to achieve... without success....sad. Well done, amazing

Amazing tank.....Simple scape, with lovely healthy coral colonies!! Very envious!

Thanx for the kind words:)

I really need to get a bigger skimmer as the TS1 is working over time... I'm so limited in sump space that I only can fit a TS1.

What bigger skimmer can I get that is more or less the same size as the TS1 but more powerfull?

Baie nice francois. Check bietjie watsapp man :)

Back
Top Bottom