foxface injury

maj

Reaction score
Hi guys,

seems like it aint my wknd,firstly i have a harry houdini fire goby,just hoping that he will re appear.

now,my foxface has a tiny hole/bruise on his side,he doesnt seem troubled,still eating like a dog.Still swimming normally.
Only tank mates are the cleaner wrasse,spotted brown surgeon clarki clown.

like a pin prick sized hole,best pic i could get
View attachment 107748 This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 768x1024 and weights 140KB.
21022010292.jpg

View attachment 107750 This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 768x1024 and weights 121KB.
21022010294.jpg

Maj - don't worry about this. One of your tangs just got a little bit TOO frisky with your foxface. It happens all the time with my unicorn tang. If your fish and tank is healthy - and the tank eats healthily - don't fret. The "nicks" heals. And your fish is really not affected by these little "nicks" at all..... Just feed enough. ;) (without fouling your tank's water, that is).....

hmmm maj that sounds like a tough few days of reefing. On the fox i should think it will recover fairly well, as you say its a small injury and i have seen fish recover from far worse, just keep parameters stable to avoide stressing him and keep it feeding.

what i would worry about is what made the injury as fish dont usualy injure themselves. It maybe a crab in the reef and with fish going missing i would be inclinded to spend a while after lights off looking into that rock.

Crispin - that is a "tangs" cut. My scopas/sailfin sometimes does this to my unicorn. I would LOVE to know why..... But, my unicorn is never impacted (health-wise) by this....

It is nothing more than an "irritation" for the fish..... THIS is ONLY the case, if/when the fish is really healthy..... :)

Maj - don't worry about this. One of your tangs just got a little bit TOO frisky with your foxface. It happens all the time with my unicorn tang. If your fish and tank is healthy - and the tank eats healthily - don't fret. The "nicks" heals. And your fish is really not affected by these little "nicks" at all..... Just feed enough. ;) (without fouling your tank's water, that is).....
the foxface best buddy is the brown surgeon,could it be him that nicked foxxy?
I saw the cut now when i got home,then just feed him lekker fat!

thnx jacque!

hmmm maj that sounds like a tough few days of reefing. On the fox i should think it will recover fairly well, as you say its a small injury and i have seen fish recover from far worse, just keep parameters stable to avoide stressing him and keep it feeding.

what i would worry about is what made the injury as fish dont usualy injure themselves. It maybe a crab in the reef and with fish going missing i would be inclinded to spend a while after lights off looking into that rock.

yip been tough wknd,iknw that goby is in ther sumwher coz he defnitly didn jump out-didn see him lying anywher will do sum nocturnal searchin tonite.

I only have small hermit crabs,doubt they couldv nick the fox.
shot gents,just hope it doesnt get infected

good news allround, I saw the goby as he came out to eat, then went to hide as soon as the other fish came near.

fox's little cut seems to be doing good, looks like its healing quickly

thnks guys

Back
Top Bottom