Food for Mandarins

Reaction score
Hi All, does any LFS in jhb sell live copepods that we can put in the main tank and sump for my mandarins, I have noticed them thinning out a bit and getting concerned. I have a male and female and they havnt taken yet to frozen foods or pellets they just scavenge the rocks.. Any suggestions on where I can get copepods. Tia

Have you tried lobster eggs?

I havnt but thanks Verusha, will give that a go. Just to confirm do you try and squirt it out of the turkey basher directly at them or just in the general flow of the tank in the hopes they will pick them out of the water?

I generally switch my pumps off and let the food fall to the bottom. Gives them a better chance of grabbing some food :)
An alternative is to get live brine and gut load them (crush spiraling tablets and feed them for a few hours before adding to tank). I wouldn't use this as a long term solution though.

Got my leopard on lobster eggs first she loved them, them onto flake as well.
Lobster eggs worked on my two goby as well:thumbup:

Second TekkenGirl - lobster eggs ! Like cat nip !Everything in my tank comes alive and running when the eggs hit the water.

I established a spot away from the rest where I placed eggs with a baster. No flow , let him / her eat.

Back
Top Bottom