Flukes/Gill Flukes !!!

williet

Look at the shiny LEDs!!!
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Things have been going so well and suddenly out of now where I have FLUKES!!!!
Well so I think?

Here are my symptoms
On my Cream Angel (I call him Yster - he has survived so long!) He has been with the symptoms for a week or more He is forever trying to scratch his gills on everything he has got cloudy eyes and still eats and breathes normally ?????

My Foxface has got little bite marks spots in his rear and seems to twitch his head every time something irritates him. The cleaner shrimps bring temporary relief.
I have now dosed Praziquantel and have done 50% waterchange. Most of my fish seem to hide commig out every now and then but they do not show any symtom ????

What I have noticed I know that a fish's end is near as soon as it gets a type of white fungus /slime on it's fins.

Sofar I have lost
1 Emperor (After a freshwater dip I noticed his gills were covered in slime and he was loosing pieces of gill)
3 Goldies
1 Clown
1 Blennie
3 Yellow Tail Damsels!
1 Ebli Angel

Help !

sorry, I am only responding now, I think with the slime over the gills it sounds like brooke, also when you say you FW dipped the emp, did you adjust the ph to the same as the tank water, or the change in PH burns the gills on the fish, but I doubt to the point where bits of gills fall off.

when you fw dipped them, did you check for any flukes on the bottom, they look like very small miniature grains of rice,

usually the slime is a sign of brooke, but also if your cream angel has had it for a week, then I doubt brooke. A lot of disease also cause white eye's,

have you got any pics or any other info,

Back
Top Bottom