Flame gobys

Reaction score
Hey guys
Um first of all can flame gobys pair up???If yes how long does this take whats the whole procedure with these fish?
Please help me out here guys shot
Cheers

Thanx Jaak so yes they do pair up that is what i thought but now my question is... i have two flame gobys one bigger than the other and the bigger one will chase the smaller one untill the smaller one goes into a corner where it will chill for awhile. both are eating and when food is in the tank they dont fight... is this part of their process???
Thaks alot
Cheers

Thanx Jaak so yes they do pair up that is what i thought but now my question is... i have two flame gobys one bigger than the other and the bigger one will chase the smaller one untill the smaller one goes into a corner where it will chill for awhile. both are eating and when food is in the tank they dont fight... is this part of their process???
Thaks alot
Cheers

Afraid that is not part of the process, the bigger one is protecting his territory. How big is your display? I have two flame Gobies in my 1,2m and the bigger one defends about 1m of the tank, this includes biting the fins of the smaller.

Afraid that is not part of the process, the bigger one is protecting his territory. How big is your display? I have two flame Gobies in my 1,2m and the bigger one defends about 1m of the tank, this includes biting the fins of the smaller.
Lol 90cm although there are no signs of biting yet just chasing... so im taking it that your flames didnt pair up?

I've had my two for over a year and they never paired up. When I first go them they jumped occasionally (once into the overflow), now instead of jumping they just hide in the rocks.

it is this goby
10214a766d959d1af.jpg

The flame gobys are known to jump! Mine did, and I know of a few others than became biltong...

Yuri this is the flame goby that i have
P7240325.jpg

and guys mine hasnt jumped yet although i do know of some that have jumped...so its pretty much over for the two to pair up?

I had two fire gobies for more than a year once. Then one day, one just decided that he'd had enough and chased the other one to death...
Dame ok well i think im at that stage so it would be in the gobys best interest that i remove him and find a better home for him?:(

Back
Top Bottom