First marine tank

Ok so the tank is progressing slowly. Unfortunately it looks like my clown isn't going to win its battle with WS. Do feel bad as I hesitated doing a hospital tank and when there was a bigger outbreak combined with transfer to the HT it looks like it was just too much. Got a hitchhiker with my Zoas.

7e0aceb2d94e9972e59ab605f6aa2488.jpg

Any ideas?

So I'll be leaving my DT fallow for the next 6-8 weeks even if by some miracle the clown pulls through. And HT will become QT for new fishes.

So while I patiently wait for the six weeks for the white spot to die off in my tank I've been able to just stare at it. Noticing a few more little critters which is cool. One that looks like a small white brittle star little, tiny things that look like miggies and a bigger one that looks like a shrimp cross fish moth. All to fast and small for pics.
Also seem to be heading into the uglies, cyano and green hair algae, fairly certain it's due to over feeding. Not sure how much to give shrimps if anything at all. Left it a few days and Cleaner nearly climbed out trying to get at the food. Coral all look happy so just patience required

Rather feed a small amount, really small, but multiple times a day for the shrimps.

It's been ages since I last posted. Things have progressed nicely tank has pods, brittle stars and all sorts of interesting things. It hasn't all been plain sailing though. My peppermint shrimp disappeared without any signs and my porcelain crab was malting then just kicked the bucket. Cleaner is still happy and growing nice purchased new false clowns and they're in quarantine, fingers crossed.

Interestingly I've got a few little snails that have popped up. They don't look like the ones I've got though?! I've tried to take pics but they're pretty small. I'll post the one good pic the other I can't get a pic of. It's she'll is quite conical I'll try get a pic.

732a76e4d855151870d3a4b155cca7a0.jpg

ID anyone?

I have quite a few of little snails that look like the one you posted. As far as I can tell, the are grazers and have not harmed any inverts or fish. @RiaanP would be the best to give an id on them :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
First glance it does look like part of the trochidae family. That includes all the friendly turbo snails.

But a more close up photo will help, plus a photo from the opening.

I'll try get a better pic. Might need to get out the camera not sure my phones going to get much closer. They're tiny only about 5 mm

My clowns have been in QT 4weeks tomorrow. No signs of anything strange all eating and have grown a bit.
Should I do any sort of dip or something before moving them to the DT or would that stress them out?
Params of QT and DT or just about the same PH was bit lower in QT but adding buffer to get it the same.

I'm hoping to add something to host the clowns. Due to my tank size etc not really sure what. Only place looks like mid/top right if you look at above pics.
Frogspawn? Any suggestions?

RiaanP not been able to get better pics of those snails but I'll keep trying!

Should be fine to add clowns straight to the tank.

Clowns shouldnt really host frogsapwn, they can get rough and damage the coral. Maybe try a pincushion leather.

Ok so got home today and noticed a few new things. First a small red orb 5mm and then also small white flat things 2mm

5ab5ab4df5c25c26697136419e8e6eb9.jpg

0c1c96d5f4a152f64d89e168a8022e81.jpg

Any ideas? Should I be concerned?

Back
Top Bottom