Featured System June 2008 - Sunburst

Our Featured System for June belongs to Sunburst...

Congratulations on a stunning SPS dominated system.

full_tank_home.jpg

Click on the photo to see the full feature.

Your free hamper of Omega One foods compliments of Henk Hugo of www.peckoltia.co.za will be on it's way to you shortly.​

One of the few truely awe inspiring system! Well done Sunburst!

"The Future
Sunburst is far from complete, and there are still improvements that will be added in the near future. These are some that are currently being put together:
a) A closed loop driven by a 15 000l external pump with flow being controlled by an Oceans Motions four way device.
b) A wine cellar in the basement that would double as a fish room and frag tank
c) More use of sunlight
d) A dedicated power supply with its own DB just for the tank
e) Two more Tunze to compliment the 7095 controller "
a stunning tank sean :)ive looked through the write up a number of times and have always enjoyed it....you make sps look easy :)

oh and I am truley impressed at your lazy approach. No painting, daughters who do the water changes and a brother to do the wood work, machines to do the rest.....very clever huckleberry :)

i just wondered how the plans from before have come along?

The dreaded multi quote:razz:

"The Futurei just wondered how the plans from before have come along?
To be honest building alterations have had to be put on hold. No budget is ever cast in concrete.

a) A closed loop driven by a 15 000l external pump with flow being controlled by an Oceans Motions four way device.
I have imported the Oceans Motion 4 way, but have as yet to source a suitable pump
b) A wine cellar in the basement that would double as a fish room and frag tank
c) More use of sunlight
These were part of the planned alterations that have been put on hold.

d) A dedicated power supply with its own DB just for the tank
Have bought everthing and made a mental map of what needs to be done, but so much beer and so little time

a stunning tank sean :)ive looked through the write up a number of times and have always enjoyed it....you make sps look easy :)

Thanks. The hobby has been an amazing source of stress therapy. I sometimes feel guilty the way my tank is able to rip me away from reality.

oh and I am truley impressed at your lazy approach.
I have this relative theory of men. They are all lazy:)

The dreaded multi quote:razz:

To be honest building alterations have had to be put on hold. No budget is ever cast in concrete.

I have imported the Oceans Motion 4 way, but have as yet to source a suitable pump
These were part of the planned alterations that have been put on hold.

Have bought everthing and made a mental map of what needs to be done, but so much beer and so little time

Thanks. The hobby has been an amazing source of stress therapy. I sometimes feel guilty the way my tank is able to rip me away from reality.

I have this relative theory of men. They are all lazy:)
Sean if you ever write your memoirs please let me know I want to read the book.

Sean if you ever write your memoirs please let me know I want to read the book.
I'd second that! Sean has a turn of phrase that makes John Cleese sound tongue tied:)

and Sean i am with you on the laziness of humans. i openly say that I have never done a full days work in my life. I am the laziest person you will ever not want to hire. I just simply do what i love all day every day and NO ONE can call that work:)

for a year or so this thread has been kind of above my understanding and comprehension. Having reefed a little its really nice to have tanks like this to look at a system, try understand the principles behind the reefers approach and get an inkling as to what makes the tank work.

In this case its very simply a case of beer (or is that three?) :)

*phew survived another multiquote*

:lol::lol:

The only problem is I think Sean thinks I am joking, but I am not.
Nore am I! Sean get writting, we can contribute to the beer intake :)

strangley enough i have a group of frineds that are often pestering me to pen down my earlier wilder life when i was a nomad in kruger or bouncing around far off reaches of northern mozambique, never have though. I do have a fun selection of short storries about me and police fines and how beeing a beekeeper can get you out of or into a crap load of fines:)

So what has change the older you get the wiser you become or are you tired of the fast lane like myself.

I have just re-read this thread and the write up again...... what a truely amazing tank... any chances of an updated FTS?

Sunburst, are you still using the zeo system?

Do you have a zeolith reactor? if so how often do you change the zeolith?

People talk about shaking up the reactor to dislodge the mulm (sp?) do you do this ? ho and how often?

Back
Top Bottom