Feather duster

Reaction score
Can a feather duster touch green star polyps ? What can I use to keep the feather duster in place until it keeps itself in place ? I used super glue for my Zoanthids, will that work ?

It's in a long tube isn't it? put a small piece of rock to prop it up where you want it.

What if the worm wants to retract and cannot due to the rock on top of it?

I positioned mine between rocks.

Yes - KSSquared - the Feather Duster CAN touch the stara polyps - they should not "kill" each other - BUT, they might "irritate" each other. Meaning that either the star polyps might not come out for a while, or the Feather Duster worm might not come out (IF the opening of the tube it lives in, is as low as the star polyps)....

You should be able to prop the feather duster between rocks, or perhaps even in the sand (if you have a substrate).....

Hi Guys

Do you need a mature tank before you can add these? My tank has been going for 8 weeks and was wondering if I could add a few now. I have a 300L tank.

Are their any special requirements in terms of feeding, light, flow, etc? Any advise will be appreciated.

No special requirements, an 8 week old tank will be fine. Can be eaten by Angels and Butterfly fish

Back
Top Bottom