Falcon's Magnifica Cube.

So I guess he looks like his mum then? :thumbup:

Ok i'm gonna pretend I did see this post and continue:p

Heres some pics of the scaping.....

7164ddcd561f2ce7.jpg

7164ddcd56f6b626.jpg

7164ddcd588edb4a.jpg

7164ddcd59b853fc.jpg

As you can see still quite alot to do,cabinet,lighting,sump lights,install r.o reservoir and atu system(going for an easy fill/fully automated system that wont require much from my side)

The dimmable programmable ballast has been delayed so i'll have to wait a few more weeks for it still but for now i'll use a normal magnetic,which i'll keep as a backup in case the electronic one ever fails.

Last edited:
well i probably will as i'm not one for the bare bottom look but at a much later stage once i have my nutrients in a row.

Ok i'm gonna pretend I did see this post and continue:p

Heres some pics of the scaping.....

http://www.marineaquariumsa.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=38492

7164ddcd56f6b626.jpg

http://www.marineaquariumsa.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=38494

http://www.marineaquariumsa.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=38495

As you can see still quite alot to do,cabinet,lighting,sump lights,install r.o reservoir and atu system(going for an easy fill/fully automated system that wont require much from my side) AND SORT OUT MY ELECTRICITY SO I DONT BURN THE FLAT DOWN WHEN IT FALLS INTO MY SUMP.....but that can wait a while:1:

The dimmable programmable ballast has been delayed so i'll have to wait a few more weeks for it still but for now i'll use a normal magnetic,which i'll keep as a backup in case the electronic one ever fails.

tanks looking great falcon, realy love the scape and it will be great with a shallow sand bed in time. I just want to thank you for making me feel slightly less embaressed about my electrical units by going one step worse :) i feel much better now :)

tanks looking great falcon, realy love the scape and it will be great with a shallow sand bed in time. I just want to thank you for making me feel slightly less embaressed about my electrical units by going one step worse :) i feel much better now :)

Brilliant! LOL

crispin,ouch....:p ok now I know how bad it really is........

Guys theres really not much to update,things are going to take very slow on this tank as the baby takes up a lot of my free time,unless you guys wanna see two plain ol nemos?Thats all thats in there and I use a cellphone to take pics anyway,when my tank is ready I'll invite crispin to come take some decent pics and get my wiring one step better;)

Telkom adsl giving crap again sorry for the double post.But anyway the powder blue died in quarantine at die visdam(very strange it and another fish they had in quarantine just died suddenly even without signs of whitespot or stress,they were swimming around happily just an hour earlier-i saw the other fish drop while i was there) so I guess i'll have to find other inmates to replace it.

I think its about time I get inmates that were meant for the tank ie angels.Enough fiddling with nemos.

Last edited:
dude QT the fish yourself. at least that way you know exactly how the fish is and being kept

I would have but no space for the qt in the flat and if i set it up in parents garage then it will be unmonitored as I'm not there much,so yeah maybe once I'm stocked with corals etc i'll have to think about something but right now just gonna qt in the tank itself with lower salinity.I thought of using the old kitchen nano but having tangs or angels in a 45lt tank will probably stress them to death anyway:tt2:

I believe that in the end stability is the best way to keep your tank disease free even if introduced by a new fish,I say this because when my 680lt tank was new I had quite a few bouts of whitespot but in the last five years even by once adding a fish with spot not one of my other fish got spot from it.

I know I may get whitespot in the tank,and if I do and it gets bad I'll set-up a qt(somewhere:whistling:) but for now unfortunately I don't have the luxury of space.:(

crispin,ouch....:p ok now I know how bad it really is........

Guys theres really not much to update,things are going to take very slow on this tank as the baby takes up a lot of my free time,unless you guys wanna see two plain ol nemos?Thats all thats in there and I use a cellphone to take pics anyway,when my tank is ready I'll invite crispin to come take some decent pics and get my wiring one step better;)
lol nice come back :)

sorry to hear about the PB, but as you say its not the fish you want in that tank so hopefully you'll get your angles as you want them soon. which fish are you planning anyway?

lol nice come back :)

sorry to hear about the PB, but as you say its not the fish you want in that tank so hopefully you'll get your angles as you want them soon. which fish are you planning anyway?

Well I want lots of large angels and sps and magnifica's and maybe a pyramid butterfly and an addis butterfly(now doubtful as they mainly chow sps,so i'll have to choose between this and the sps if i find one).

But unfortunately the tank is not big enough to support that many larger fish so the minute it starts to look a bit cramped I'll have to stop.

I do plan to have 1 tang in here mainly to keep the algae growth on the rocks in check though.

Wife likes a sailfin,lol I don't(especially since they tend to grow rather quick) so the one we both liked is a powder blue...:p compromises.

Nice cube Falcon,

Hope all goes well with your tank. We should arrange a get together of all reefers in the Vaal Triangle. Would love to see your tank up and running.

Well done!

Well I want lots of large angels and sps and magnifica's and maybe a pyramid butterfly and an addis butterfly(now doubtful as they mainly chow sps,so i'll have to choose between this and the sps if i find one).

But unfortunately the tank is not big enough to support that many larger fish so the minute it starts to look a bit cramped I'll have to stop.

I do plan to have 1 tang in here mainly to keep the algae growth on the rocks in check though.

Wife likes a sailfin,lol I don't(especially since they tend to grow rather quick) so the one we both liked is a powder blue...:p compromises.
fella, i know you want angels, but which pretty little fish species. pyramids are great fisg, but work best in a small group. are u talking french, queen, red tailed angels? Blue faced etc etc etc so many beautiful fish that could go in.

if you are looking for a tang thats just going to keep algae down and not compete with the angles for attention then why not consider a scopas, small etas almost all algae and rather humble in its looks so just gets on with the job its there to do :)

Back
Top Bottom