Expo in ct

Reaction score
Hey all the powers that may be...
Sponsors, corporates etc, Please, I repeat Please make a plan for an Expo in CT..
Just do it:thumbup:
If I get 30 agrees would you all consider???

Only 2 agrees in 11mins... Guess its late hey guys:tt2:

Getting 30 agrees will be a piece of cake, getting those same 30 people to actually get in their cars and drive to the expo is another story. :tt2:

Do enough planing, get the right agenda together, right speakers and promote like professionals.

If the expo has enough draw allot more then 30 will get into their cars.

Getting 30 agrees will be a piece of cake, getting those same 30 people to actually get in their cars and drive to the expo is another story. :tt2:
Common Dean, some positive attitude... We could have a kick ass expo down here!
I've only been in Cape Town for 3 months and I reckon there is enough passion, sponsors and potential financial viability for an Expo here, In conjunction with a garden/home or yachting expo?
Do you as a matter of interest have stats on how many members are in the Western Cape?

I'm always positive ;) But I have been watching the Cape Town get together threads for many months. ;)

i think all capetonian reefers would like a expo in cape town with a hole lot off fresh new stuff and specials !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why must everyrthing always be in JHB? We have a large group that wiil attend in CT

I'm sure a whole load of reefers in the other provinces would think this is a good idea coz they can incorporate a mini holiday in it?
Go see the 2 Oceans, and check out the load of attractions available here:whistling:
All in all it is a good venue, location coz a lot of non Capetonian people would choose this as a first option if they have to fly anywhere for a long weekend?!

If there are confirmed numbers, not like the same five guys who show up at the meets, then maybe we can put something together

If there are confirmed numbers, not like the same five guys who show up at the meets, then maybe we can put something together
A Reef meet and a Expo re 2 different things...
Like saying to all your mates lets meet at the KfC or lets meet at the pub!
Completely different set up.
You cannot compare reef meets to a potential Expo coz its a different animal:whistling:

Aweh, @Keanan is alive.. Where u been?
@brentv has a point. I for one would attend the expo. For personal reasons I don't attend the meets if it is not in a controlled environment. I have attended and helped organize a couple but choose not to attend all. The expo is a more family orientated event and will attract not only reefers but people interested in beginning. This is a great opportunity to propergate reefing in Cape Town.

I know many people that have great builds but have know knowledge of keeping marines. These people never go into a LFS, their tanks are fully maintained and new LS bought by their maintainers like Flappy, Billy, Zain, etc. by having an expo here you possibly attract all these guys, they are interested in the hobby already. They will be looking for new products and innovative hardware or designs. For example if they see a Red Sea Max S series at the Expo and think hey that will fit in a spot at home.. That is a possible sale for a sponsor.

I believe Cape Town is an untapped market, we have the Aquarium at the Waterfront. No advertising for future Marine Hobbyists to be found. Most of the big build we see or I know of is people who have no idea what MASA, SARK, etc. is. There was a good point that the rest of SA see Cape Town as a holiday destination. Especially long weekends, and the Aquarium is on there list of attractions. Why not incorporate the Cape Town Expo over a long weekend. Close to or even if possible at the Aquarium.

Just my 2c.. I'm Indian, business comes naturally. And an expo in Cape Town is good business.

Last edited:
But the Cape area is so big, where would be a good place to have it?

Back
Top Bottom