even newer member

Reaction score
Hi there

My name is Dan, from Durban. Ever since I watched my best mate set up an FO tank about 5 years ago, I've been itching to get my own tank up and running, but never had the funds, opportunity or space. Having just got married and moved into a new place, there is a PERFECT spot for a reef tank in the corner of my lounge :)

I am still in the researching/planning stage, been trawling the forums for a while, trying to soak up as much information as I can. Looking forward to the new challenge!

:welcometomasa2:
Its time you climbed off the bench and got your hands on the ball
So what tanks aspire you dan. You must have come across a few favourites.

Thanks guys. The one thing I know is that nothing good happens quickly in this hobby :) I want to do this properly!

Tanks with more corals than fish are the ones that inspire me most! So my eventual goal is a really pretty reef, not too many fish, and lots of invertebrates. But I guess that's a bit out of my league right now :whistling:. Plus it requires a really stable system, which will take a while.

BTW, I'm designing my own system pretty much from scratch, gonna be asking lots of questions! Just sent off the stand design to get welded together, and have got the designs for my sump/refugium and DT, will be buying glass soon :) so excited!

Welcome to MASA!!

Well what are the plans then...... ??
take a screeen capture or something, we love to see pics

welcome to masa

medium sized guy, 1100 x 500 x 500. im gonna start a new thread in the members systems forum, will keep a continual update going! thanks again for the warm welcome guys!

Welcome Danimal

Back
Top Bottom