Electronic vs magnetic ballasts

Mekaeel

Reaction score
guys can someone give me and perhaps others more info regarding the differences between electronic and magnetic MH ballasts please. & is it true that electronic ballasts are cheaper to run in the long run in terms of power consumption?
cool

Mek, how you doing?

With regards to the differences between electronic and magnetic MH ballasts, I feel the electronic ones would be cheeper to run as it would have a better efficiency rate, eg. less energy wasted in heat, I also feel it would give a better light as it would run at its optimal level all the time.

Your bulbs also last longer with an electronic ballast. Unless electricity become very expensive, you won't really save that much on electricity, but you will help eksdom to reduce the load on it's network with a few watts per lamp.

My 2c

Wikus

Electronic ballasts are more efficient and last much longer, but the lamps need to be suitable for them, lamps made for magnetic ballasts will blow much quicker because of this. (in the UK magnetic ballasts are no longer made, to force people to get electronic)

Hi,
Sorry to get a little off topic but where can I get electronic ballasts from? I prefer electronic ballasts as with a magnetic ballast and ignitor for 1 lamp. A lot more simple.
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom