Electricity

Luckily for me, toll fees I deduct from TAX.

But

I have to spend an extra 1000 per month (about), just to be able to claim it back in the next year. It is my money to start of with.
Well, at least I get it mostly back after being audited - again.

Now, the indirect tax, the increase in everyday goods prices. Anything being delivered in Gauteng price going up. Like in EVERYTHING. How is that for pushing inflation?

Not even getting to the convincing international companies to invest in South Africa.
That is what we need. Zuma promised 2million jobs in to years. So far we are down 0.5million.

With electrical costs, delivery cost, fuel increases etc, how do we promote South Africa as an investment opportunity?

Anyway
Welcome to Sunny South Africa...

Luckily for me, toll fees I deduct from TAX.

But

I have to spend an extra 1000 per month (about), just to be able to claim it back in the next year. It is my money to start of with.
Well, at least I get it mostly back after being audited - again.

Now, the indirect tax, the increase in everyday goods prices. Anything being delivered in Gauteng price going up. Like in EVERYTHING. How is that for pushing inflation?

Not even getting to the convincing international companies to invest in South Africa.
That is what we need. Zuma promised 2million jobs in to years. So far we are down 0.5million.

With electrical costs, delivery cost, fuel increases etc, how do we promote South Africa as an investment opportunity?

Anyway
Welcome to Sunny South Africa...

And then because fuel and tolls and electricity etc drive up inflation, they try curb inflation by increasing interest rates so the middle class gets screwed some more...

And then because fuel and tolls and electricity etc drive up inflation, they try curb inflation by increasing interest rates so the middle class gets screwed some more...

Glad I am not living in Gauteng anymore....but those types of things (toll roads) etc will probably roll out this side as well over time.....

Bad thing is it will affect the poor even worse

it was never about the man on the street, its all about making themselves rich

It seems like the only think that works to get the message across is to strike, everyone must stand together and strike than maybe something will be done.

It seems like the only think that works to get the message across is to strike, everyone must stand together and strike than maybe something will be done.

It's difficult for us to stand together... The only people in this country who can pull of a strike are the Africans... Nothing bad intended but it is true... The rest of us are weeners... :blush:

The rest of us are more tolerant and complacent and we don't have a union that forces us to strike. Something needs to happen soon though otherwise we are just going to give our country away to corruption. I've been to a lot of african countries and it aint a pretty place.

Form an organisation against the electricity and toll road, get people to join and spread the news. I don’t think it will take to long to get people to join.
Have a peaceful demonstration, if that still does not work, do what the taxi use to do block the roads into major cities.

You naturally will need the support of some heavyweights.
If not mistaken, the union also had issues with all these increases.

Back
Top Bottom