Electricity increase - 25%

it take more energy to reheat the water every time then it does keeping it warm. Rather turn the temp right down and get a blanket and you will save loads. i cant understand why people have a geyser set 60+ degrees. Next time test the water temp of the bath and most people can’t handle water over 45 Deg at most. My wife and I also only shower which also saves us on water and electricity.

it take more energy to reheat the water every time then it does keeping it warm. Rather turn the temp right down and get a blanket and you will save loads. i cant understand why people have a geyser set 60+ degrees. Next time test the water temp of the bath and most people can’t handle water over 45 Deg at most. My wife and I also only shower which also saves us on water and electricity.

The perfect geyser temperature is 55 to 57 degrees. Above, more limescale will build up. Below, bacteria population will be not eliminated completly.

You must be a very tough guy to handle a shower with 45 degree water.
I would say, the maximum is 42 degrees. Higher temperatures becomes painful.

NOTE: Every KWIKOT geyser comes with a standard thermostat setting of around 70 degrees. The majority of plumbers are not adjusting the temperature down to 55 or 60 degrees.

how many of you can say they are saving because of a timer on the geyser ?
(so i'm asking if it is worth it)

Hi Neo - I have a timer. And my electrical "usage" came down (on the pre-paid metre) about R200 to R250 per month just because of the 19 hours per day that my geyser is not working (and this does include the amount of electricity the geyser uses to start up and heat up the geyser again).....

Max, sounds to me like they have your two bills mixed up!

No brother i need to move to my shop to have cheap electricity, my house bill is enourmous.

By the way i had a pre paid installed and used R200 in the last 3 weeks, what a pleasure from R3500. So pre paid works. :razz:

No brother i need to move to my shop to have cheap electricity, my house bill is enourmous.

By the way i had a pre paid installed and used R200 in the last 3 weeks, what a pleasure from R3500. So pre paid works. :razz:

Must I understand that? Why is the electricity at your shop cheaper???

Must I understand that? Why is the electricity at your shop cheaper???

I have no idea man, but the pre paid sorted it out. Ill be using less then R400 a month with the pre paid, might of been a faulty meter on my house - but its over now ill save R3000 a month

Guys I've just had a solar gyser fitting on Wednesday, haven't had to power the element up once yet, and we've had hot water every night and morning. If it stays this way I probably never have to use electricity for hot water again!

Hi

Can you tell me where you got it and at what price. I am looking at a few ways to cut my electricity and that is one of em...

At what cost.

Read what you pay in S/A for power it was a eye opener. In the uk my wife pay,s all the bills for a start power £20 a week the whole house my fish tank as well.£1=11-11 rand you can work it out what it cost,s me.shrimpman :( .

Yes South Africa has had some of the cheapest electricity in the world for far too long. Thats why w all shocked when they wre forced o put our prices more in line with the rest of the world..

what it cost,s .

When i go out to a fish shop and i need diesel i have to pay £1-15p a ltr min :(. Made a trip to my local shop and my fish i had ordered had come in to the shop six purple fire fish and the look great in my tank, cost me £120-00 .shrimpman.:thumbup:.

Hi

Can you tell me where you got it and at what price. I am looking at a few ways to cut my electricity and that is one of em...

Don't have the guys number off hand, just google them, Solar Beam, the office is in Dbn, just give them a shout and ask them for Ian's number in Empageni.

When i go out to a fish shop and i need diesel i have to pay £1-15p a ltr min :(. Made a trip to my local shop and my fish i had ordered had come in to the shop six purple fire fish and the look great in my tank, cost me £120-00 .shrimpman.:thumbup:.

Yes but WHAT do you earn a month compared to this country, bare that in mind. Also when you convert it to our money when you have to come and visit you would have 14 times the amount to spend as when we have to go abroad to your side of the world, lol. :razz:

Yes South Africa has had some of the cheapest electricity in the world for far too long. Thats why w all shocked when they wre forced o put our prices more in line with the rest of the world..

What do you mean by putting us in line with the rest of the World, then we would have to get the average salaries up to R20000 tooo.

Let me help you out here, first of all the money that was available in 1995 for the erection of two COMPLETE power stations was put to use on OTHER stuff instead of the purpose it was meant for - NOW we have to finance the $#&# up cause it was said in that time that we do not need the extra power stations AND now we borrowing 3 BILLION from the world bank to cover some of the shortfall on the amount required ALTHOUGH this is not even enough to cover the required budget for the financial year - hence the price hikes BECAUSE of stupid mistakes made by people THAT HAD NO IDEA what they were doing 15 years ago. HAVE a look at the condition of some of the installations THERFORE the ESKOM we know is buying back all the experts around the globe that LEFT this country for reason WE ALL KNOW. HAVING a boss employed THAT you have to his work as he is incompetent to do it himself BUT he earn the salary.

SO i do not think THAT you comment CHEAPEST ELECTRICITY FOR FAR TOooo LONG is way out of line.

Why do we have to finance something THAT was already saved for (and imagine this we are financing it - to bebuilt and the price increase is not being reversed once done) and why do we have to GET in line with other countries if the average salaries is not in line WITH the so called REST OF THE WORLD.

Why dont you HAVE A LOOK at what they do with all YOUR hard earned cash brother and then say IN LINE WITH OTHER COUNTRIES> :nono:

Read what you pay in S/A for power it was a eye opener. In the uk my wife pay,s all the bills for a start power £20 a week the whole house my fish tank as well.£1=11-11 rand you can work it out what it cost,s me.shrimpman :( .

WELL imagine earning a 1000 pounds a week so it would be 4000 odd pounds a month totalling R44000 a month, and only paying 20 pounds per week for electrictity IN OTHER WORDS R880, then say 1 - 11 Not much if you earn R44000 bucks in our money. Move over here to south africa and earn 650 pounds a MONTH (R7200)and then pay 100 pounds for the electricity(R1100) so you see if you convert it directly it doesnt WORK OUT TO THE REST OF THE WORLD. ALWAYS bare all this in mind. Makes a huge difference when you take things like salaries into account.

Back
Top Bottom