Reaction score
Hardware for sale
Thread title:
Dymax 2 x 250w + 2 x 21 wT5 unit​
Shipping or Collection only:
Collection only​
Photo's and description/list of items for sale:
unit is 900 x 300 x 120

comes with tank clamps and hanging points.

still under guarantee.

2 x 250watt Metal Halides 20000k
2 x 21 watt HO T5 14000k

Retails R5500

see below link for specs and pics.

http://www.mydymax.com/components/co...6a215b1382.jpg

I bought this unit second hand this week and it's WAY too much for my tank.

I'm either looking to swap for a NICE T5 39w unit (5 to 8 bulbs) plus a cash difference (Depending on T5 unit) or sell for R2500 exactly what I paid. That's R3000 off retail price and the unit is only 2 months old.

Perfect for someone upgrading to Halides. I think it will easily light the biggest 1.2m tank or someone that wants an insane amount of light for their 3 foot.

No it's not negotiable because I could be asking R3500 for it but only want what I paid. Please don't expect to do a direct swap for a reefinmates T5 unit that retails for R2200 new. ;)
Notes:
-​

Eish Fishy Steve - a 2 x 250 watt metal halide unit with ONLY 2 x 21 watt T5's? If one would change your 14000K T5's to actinics, this would not ANYWHERE close to enough to "remove" the "yellowness" that one gets from the 250 watt's.... unless you have 20000K 250 watt metal halide globes?

BTW: this is a VERY good price for 2 x 250 watt linghting units!

He did say that the globes were 20000K globes. I have the exact same light unit and can confirm that it is 2 X 21W T5s. The 20000K globes that comes with the unit (also dymax) is not very blue. I am currently using these globes in my other pendants and really like the colour. It is a very crisp colour and not that totally blue like you get from the BLV globes.

Will post pics tomorrow. Please note I don't really wanna ship the unit. Cape Town buyers get preference.

The halide bulbs are 20000K but show up more of a crisp white than blue. The T5s I think are just really there for viewing before the two 250w bad boys turn on.

steve you willing to ship?

4344c3715671a3eb.jpg

Here's the pic. The light unit is as good as new. It is a steal at this price, thats why I bought it without even thinking about it.

The Halides run off a different plug to to T5s so you can use two timers.

Sorry, not really wanting to ship until maybe next week if no capetonians want it. I am willing to drop it off in the greater Cape Town area. Not as far out as somerset west or anything like that though.

nice unit great price

is teh size 900 l x 300 w x 120 h

could swap you for my 4 x39w unit if you interested pm me

good luck with the sale buddy

hey riddi. might be willing to swap if you are willing to make a pretty big cash payment as well. my units bulbs are almost brand new and is a much more powerfull unit. I think my bulbs alone are worth more that your unit.

I'm out,
but bump for a great unit good luck with the sale dude

Week-end bump:wave2:

Guys please note there is a 150w unit for sale at the same price and this is a 250w unit. This is a steal. Used for less than 2 months.

Preferably cape town buyers but will ship at buyers expense if necessary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom