Dragon Wrasse.

Reaction score
I was at my LFS looking at the beautiful marine creatures and came accross a medium sized Fish called a Dragon Wrasse. Wow what an unusual Fish. Never seen anything like it and it was for sale for only R190.00 :thumbup:

I asked about it and did some reading earlier that it can be rather a pest in a coral reef tank as it enjoys digging up live rock and corals in search for food :(

If anyone is looking for this beautiful speciman then PM me for details of which LFS it was :whistling:

I would take it except after losing 80% of my Fish in my tank Ive decided to go slowly this time and get my sump which was donated by Mandarin running for another 3 weeks running. I just thought this was a very good price for such an amazingly different looking Fish :)

Last edited:
theres a very good reason you dont see that many in reef tanks :) they are also known as rock movers, and can play real havoc with a tank which is why many, myself included, give them a skip, especially as they grow fast and may need to be rehoused in appropriate aquariums before one knows it.

but i agree, awesum looking fish and fun to watch (in someone elses tank:p)

As crispy says. Leave it till you got more experience.

A batch of LS will set one back a couple of hundred bucks the first time, the second time a little less and the 3rd..4th..5th.....

Take advice from the oldballie. set up a quarantine tank and do the QT thing. You will save plenty bucks in the long run.

set up a quarantine tank and do the QT thing. You will save plenty bucks in the long run.

I have officially run out of space in my flat since Mandarin dropped off the free sump :blush:

I do understand the benefits of a QT tank though. You are preeching to the converted and I have not bought any new stock since my debacle :whistling:

Thanks for the advice thugh guys :thumbup:

Hey buddy your totally right!! An amazing looking fish but in the long run its gna cause alot of heart ache! Ive had mine for 3 years now and hes in his own tank now!! Ive named him toby the destroyer!! Put it to ya this way, he isnt the aquascaper!! hahahah!!! give it a miss if you love a reef system!!

i have had a few of them and every one was way to boisterous for a reef tank . i now have two in my mushroom tank and thats where they will stay .

Dragon wrasse are better suited to an fish only marine aquarium ;) or fish only with live rock (FOWLR) as it is called

Can someone post a picture of this wrasse. I'm curious as I have a wrasse who lives for turning rocks over. A REAL PEST. I've even half buried the smaller ones only to find he has wormed his way under it and tipped it over.

Anyone got a pic?

google is your friend:

p-24051-Dragon-Adult.jpg

Back
Top Bottom