DIY or Bought

sweet skimmer dreams.or stinky skimmate dreams sean lol

IMO Buy a skimmer. If you are someone that is good with their hands build one but .... it is going to cost you a pretty penny to build it yourself if you do it the right way, If you know some one with a IM Skimmer, have a look at it's design to give you an idea.

sean cassim at julies pets built y skimmers for my 3000l setup ant they work great for the 2 skimmers and sump he charged me R1800

yea they look good but I would still go and buy one Sean - his one in his shop works well but I do not think it will skim as well as a Reef Tek.

Sean think long and hard about this....

I'll see you this weekend even if it means I have to walk to you!

Go for two skimmers and set one wet and one dry. Then when you are really bored one day build one and use a pump off one of the bought units to play with.

OK, to but in, which of the three leading names would be the first choice: Reeftek, Reefocto or AM? And how much would an in sump for a 1000l system set me back (can't be too fat or too high, cause it needs to fit in the sump - not too much space, hehe)

Sean, check my DIY skimmer on another forum:
http://www.sareefkeeping.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4813&highlight=skimmer

It was working as well as any other skimmer, I swear, but I had to modify it when I setup my new sump, made it shorter, and so was batteling to get it to skimm again. It was skimming yesterday and this morning, but now it's not - can't understand it...

Nice to sit back and see your own hard work pay off, but a real frustration if it doesn't work. Decide carefully mate...

yea they look good but I would still go and buy one Sean - his one in his shop works well but I do not think it will skim as well as a Reef Tek.

Sean think long and hard about this....

I'll see you this weekend even if it means I have to walk to you!

Are you still walking Shaun, tell me where you at so I can go pick you up and give you some water.... LOL:lol:

:lol: I need more time in the day to get things done - I spent the day on Sunday setting up an unexpected TV so sort of threw things out.... but I will call you soon ( haven't you heard that before :) )

Back
Top Bottom