Dissaster Strikes

LOL ... he just advansed to golden ape - we had another tank burst atwo weeks ago - all replaced now with lower all 10mm glass.

Can feel your pain :(

Don't be so hard in him, half the time he's running around helping you then he forgets he was doing something else, besides I remember on more than a handful of occasions u doing the 50m sprint for the RO pipe! :)

Tjoe!!!!! This has happened to me as well about a 8 months ago or so. My tank cracked then.Sorry to hear buddy. A packet of 100 cable ties for that matter costs that much bru. Glad to hear everything is okay though. Like you said it could of been worse. It is amazing what a small thing as a cable tie can save you.
Dammmmm!!!
M

Last edited:
@Albert Terego
i wouldnt rely on a non return valve
i would put a siphon break on your return line , just above the water line , by the outlet .
it is a second safety in case the non return doesn't seal

hey @Albert Terego...i have the siphon break drilled. So i only get around 6ltrs getting back to the sump. The siphon break works well - use it when I turn the return pump off for maintance.

My returns are about 5cm below the water level so I have about 20 litres draining back into the sump if the power goes off or return pump fails. So I cannot do a siphon break.

I understand that a non-return valve is not 100% reliable, but I think having one is still better than having none - I will not be any worse off than I am now.

Wes, sorry for hijacking your thread.

I'll explain a bit later

59524fd8a2763e137.png

Back
Top Bottom