(Dead) Live rock

Hi dude "Help" with DSB as in what way?

As i said the sump was just newly set-up and i still don't have any in my DSB chamber 10"WX18"D17"H... any suggestion for kind of sand and thickness and anything to do to maximize the use of the chamber..

Ideally you must create the DSB part of the sump with the largest surface area possible - what else you putting in the sump?Also the order looking at your pics is wrong - the order of water flow should preferably be from tank to skimmer then DSB then return pump

Ideally you must create the DSB part of the sump with the largest surface area possible - what else you putting in the sump?Also the order looking at your pics is wrong - the order of water flow should preferably be from tank to skimmer then DSB then return pump

i saw same design here where i replicate my sump...

But it like defeating the purpose of having a DSB - after your water gets skimmed it flows to the next compartment - which in your sump is the return pump so, whats going to happen? Its going to go back to the tank! Then excess water will overflown to the deep sand bed last - not the right order of flow :nono: - what you need to do is swap the return pump to the last compartment then fill the middle part with 12-15cm of "sugar fine" sand particles - If you get proper sea sand then collect as deep into the sea as you can walk in during low tide otherwise buy playsand from Reggies or Builders warehouse - Also is there any people here on MASA that live near you "under the sea" then you ask them for handfull of their DSB so that you can get some of their goggas t help seed yours and kickstart into action

Lets see what the some of the guru's say but here's my take on this design : very nice but .... those have REFUGIUM'S not DSB's - Refugiums are "places of safety" - like a refuge camps where goggas can thrive without being troubled by predators - This design can still work but ideally your flow order should be Skimmer ---> DSB ---> return pump - I see with a t-piece on the return pipe you still get water to run on the dsb and let it carry on with its job!

Welcome to MASA Skynet.
Please introduce yourself under the "New Members" forum.
Thank you. :)

Hi skynet - its a forum - so like a chat room but because of time differences you would find most people asleep by the time you online - but welcome anyway - glad you can join us - why not open a new thread with your tank specs and tell us more about yourself!

Back
Top Bottom